New Fansite [Be helpful and contribute]

Want to hear the latest rumours about Phobos? Or just want to talk with others about Phobos? Enter the Common Room!
Elitedeath
Tester
Character: Remiel Angelfire
Clan: The Sanctum

February 11, 2009, 08:33:37 AM

So I am creating a new fansite that will be the most useful Phobosonline tool out there. The fansite will unclude the following:
-Up to date News (Daily)
-New information about the site etc.
-Library
-Monsters
-Items
-NPCs
-Quests
-And more
-Exp Calculator
-Forums
-Galleries (Pictures and Videos/Movies)
-Spells
-Community
The idea for this fan site is that we will collectively gather as much information about the game as possible and combine it into 1 fan site, with complete libraries and things you actually want to know. Pages for personal in-game stories or adventures you have had, to give it more of a role-playing experience.

Here's what I need from you guys; I would really appreciate it, if all you crazy gamers and adventurers could add to the knowledge of this fan site. Anything you (the community) find out (Quests, items, monsters, spells, skills, Absolutely anything) should be posted here and I can add them into the new fan site which will be called "wikiphobos" and you will all be helping each other in the end. Post screen shots of new items with attributes, or new monsters, anything and we will all make a very informative fan site built by the Phobos community :)
Also some of the most helpful players who contribute a lot will be asked if they would like to join the fan site staff as moderators and what not, if they don't that's fine but it will be offered :)
Thanks Everyone! Elitedeath.
Stian
Tester

February 11, 2009, 09:07:12 AM

Please read our Guidelines for Phobos Fansites. We do not encourage nor support fansites which give in-depth information or spoilers on creature loot, quests and so on. You are of course free to create your fansite either way, but no support will be given on these forums.
Elitedeath
Tester

February 11, 2009, 10:00:53 AM

Don't worry it will not have spoilers of any kind just information on things.
Sparksman
Tester
Character: Sparksman
Clan: Akai'zhar

February 11, 2009, 04:52:02 PM

-Monsters
-Items
-NPCs
-Quests
-Spells

Giving information about those i think that is considered as spoil.
So how are you going to give information about a quest without spoling it?
saying its name?
Camila
Newcomer
Character: Lady Diamond

February 11, 2009, 04:53:41 PM

Why Country? u Fansite?
Hylario
Tester
Character: Hylario
Clan: Ironfist

February 11, 2009, 07:27:56 PM

Camila wrote:Why Country? u Fansite?
She means: what country?
What language will be your fansite?
Elitedeath
Tester

February 14, 2009, 01:34:11 AM

I would just like to let players know where the quest can be started if that is not concidered a spoiler. In the NPCs section itll give info on the NPC and say if any qwuests can be started there and if so which ones. If that is aoncicdered a spoiler let me know. And the site will be english :)
Stian
Tester

February 14, 2009, 02:17:32 AM

Elitedeath wrote:I would just like to let players know where the quest can be started if that is not concidered a spoiler. In the NPCs section itll give info on the NPC and say if any qwuests can be started there and if so which ones. If that is aoncicdered a spoiler let me know. And the site will be english :)
That should be okay, as long as you don't mention anything about rewards or how the quest works. Although it would be better if you didn't mention which quests the NPC initiates at all. :wink:
Elitedeath
Tester

February 15, 2009, 11:38:43 PM

I have not decided yet but I might make a feature that lets you either see the information of starting quests or not, that way if a player wants to find out by him/herself they don't need to see it and vice-versa.

Anyways, I would really like for some players that played the test servers to post some information to put in the fan site. Most of the information will be coming from you guys but I will of course be playing the game and trying to accumulate as much information as possible. So basically Im going to explore as much as possible and level up so I can find out information about places and creatures only higher leveled players can approach. So c'mon everybody lets put our heads together :)
Yours, Elitedeath!
seydg
Tester
Character: Mayhem
Clan: The Dwarfhood

February 16, 2009, 12:47:16 AM

I may help if you have a nice project, so count me in. But it has to be something rpgish and with no spoilers and the like. :D
Elitedeath
Tester

February 16, 2009, 01:23:58 AM

It will be, I don't think I will add in any quest information at all now that I think about it.
www.phobosonline.wikia.com
You can go there and add new pages or edit pages that I will overview before they actually appear and you can add any information you know. Also you can email information on spells creatures and anything of the like along with any screenshots at bio-sk8@hotmail.com. I can add them in or whatever, but if all of us adventurers and explorers work together we can make an amazing fan site :)
seydg
Tester
Character: Mayhem
Clan: The Dwarfhood

February 16, 2009, 01:30:45 AM

I don't really know if Myth Ent. encourages / supports wikis, but I'll give it a try later on :P
Elitedeath
Tester

February 16, 2009, 01:45:57 AM

Well it should, its just a fan site really.. Basically my goal is to have a fan site with everything a player needs to know. creatures spells items all that stuff, news (of course my resources will all be from phobosonline.com for my news but I say that on the page).
Stian
Tester

February 16, 2009, 02:19:12 PM

The problem with Wikis is that anybody is able to add and edit the different pages. You will experience a huge workload if you try to keep a Wiki clean of spoilers. I suggest you find or create a good or decent CMS (Content Management System) to create your website. :wink:
Elitedeath
Tester

February 16, 2009, 07:38:31 PM

I was under the belief that any changes had to be viewed by an admin before they actually appeared on the wiki?! Is that not true? If not, do you think I should use a different site for the fan site, because I have a couple other ideas. Tell me what you think.
Yours, Elitedeath.