It is currently November 21, 2017, 05:23:09 AM

PhobosWiki.tk 
Newcomer

Post PhobosWiki.tk
We're still alive, huh. We're respecting Myth Entertainment. We'll not leak any content related to the closed beta testing.

PhobosWiki will be a public wiki. The registration process will be available after the game's release date announcement. Bookmark us.

So, let's build a multilingual wiki?

http://phoboswiki.tk,
Thank you.

Last edited by Wiki on October 23, 2013, 12:40:18 PM, edited 60 times in total.

October 07, 2013, 02:00:51 AM
Tester

Post Re: Community, I have news: Phobos Wiki!
Don't do it. Games like this are more fun when you don't know anything. Especially with phobos not having a minimap. I say leave everything unknown and let information be passed through word of mouth and player stories in-game. No wiki spoiling and gathering every piece of information about the game :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

October 07, 2013, 05:25:29 AM
Newcomer

Post -
This post can be deleted.

Last edited by Wiki on October 23, 2013, 10:41:23 AM, edited 9 times in total.

October 07, 2013, 11:15:24 AM
The Old Dwarf

Character: Mezur Stonecutter
Clan: Dwarfhood
If you in the future wish to part of our supported fansites I suggest you take a look at our guidelines for fansites: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=741

October 07, 2013, 11:29:26 AM
Newcomer

Post -

Last edited by Wiki on October 23, 2013, 10:41:41 AM, edited 3 times in total.

October 07, 2013, 11:57:04 AM
Tester

Post Re: Supported fansite
Wiki wrote:
Quote:
Don't do it. Games like this are more fun when you don't know anything. Especially with phobos not having a minimap.

In fact, that's not true. There are people who want to put their souls inside the game and play seriously. Well, that kind of people are free to search for spoil (or not to search). On the other side, there are a lot of people who do NOT want to play seriously: that people do NOT want to discover quests, items, places, monsters, etc., and they may think that the game is not interesting just because they do NOT know it (quests, items, places, monsters, etc.).

We write the wiki for all, but especially for that second kind of people. Instead of walking around saying stupid things about Phobos (ignorantly), that kind of people can look closer at the game, know interesting things about it... and IMPROVE their experience.

Quote:
I say leave everything unknown and let information be passed through word of mouth and player stories in-game.

We appreciate your opinion. But WE KNOW, sooner or later, this will happen: fansites around all the world - and probably they will spoil. Besides, it's good to have a good reference material. For instance, it's good to know where you can sell one specific looted item, or where you can do a specific task. Experienced players use this kind of information all the time.

I second that. Checking information on the Wiki has never spoiled my experience in Tibia, since it's too much information to memorize, but I understand Myth Ent's position.

October 07, 2013, 02:02:10 PM
Newcomer

Post -

Last edited by Wiki on October 23, 2013, 10:42:10 AM, edited 1 time in total.

October 07, 2013, 02:39:39 PM
Tester

I have played tibia pre and post wiki days, and I can comfortably say that it was more fun when all of the information about the game was not widely accessible by everyone with a simple search. It ruins the mystery, value, rarity and history of the game.

For example in tibia: you may have heard stories in-game many years ago about a player looting a rare item that no one has. People would travel to that persons house in hopes to see if the item is on display and or if the item is actually real.

Another thing that wiki has ruined for tibia is quests. A detailed walkthrough with pictures and lines drawn on how and where to walk to complete the quest ruins the intended thrill of the quest.

I know that all this information is bound to show up later in the future of the game but we are still WAITING for beta. Can we not ruin/spoil the game before it is even released?

We should be doing our part to sabotage spoilers like this :evil: not working together and promoting it before the game is even released

October 07, 2013, 04:56:40 PM
Newcomer

Post -

Last edited by Wiki on October 23, 2013, 10:42:27 AM, edited 6 times in total.

October 07, 2013, 05:20:57 PM
Tester

Character: Socera boladaum
Clan: Brotherhood Ruthless
Post Re: Why we created the wiki
Wiki wrote:
Dizenzo, thank you for your reply. We'll snip it in order to clarify things.

We appreciate your opinion. But WE KNOW, sooner or later, this will happen: fansites around all the world - and probably they will spoil. Besides, it's good to have a good reference material. For instance, it's good to know where you can sell one specific looted item, or where you can do a specific task. Experienced players use this kind of information all the time

I am administrator of a fansite. Maybe the only one that is online and with an active community and I can say that we don't provide spoils and it's totally against our rules doing so.
We won't do any kind of conduct that may destroy the game experience and the RPG that we think is the most important aspect in Phobos. We will always fight against spoils.
It's not only because it's in Myth's rules for fansites (we are not supported), but we are players too. We have to behave the best way possible so it may reflect positively ingame or we will be working to deteriorate the game we love.

It's the opinion of the most players in Phobos and i severely hope you don't do this. There are many others ways to help the community in a positive way.

I was the Eggman. Now i'm the walrus!

October 07, 2013, 05:30:04 PM
Tester

Character: Zilvix
If you don't want to use the site, don't use it; It's that simple.

October 07, 2013, 05:37:28 PM
Tester

Character: Socera boladaum
Clan: Brotherhood Ruthless
Zilvix wrote:
If you don't want to use the site, don't use it; It's that simple.

It's not simple as that. I am the kind of player that likes to read books, talk to npcs and search for informations inside the game to solve a problem or a possible quest.
This game experience is totally destroyed by spoils. Why would I waste my time doing this if all the other players are getting the same item without having troubles?
I love the possibility of having unique items because of my hard work and intelligence.
It's a RPG game, it's not a simple casual game!

I was the Eggman. Now i'm the walrus!

October 07, 2013, 05:47:31 PM
Newcomer

Post -

Last edited by Wiki on October 23, 2013, 10:42:43 AM, edited 2 times in total.

October 07, 2013, 05:58:17 PM
Tester

Socera boladaum wrote:
This game experience is totally destroyed by spoils. Why would I waste my time doing this if all the other players are getting the same item without having troubles?

Spoils don't "destroy" anything. There are a lot of unsolved mysteries in Tibia, despite every fansite being filled with spoils.

Dizenzo wrote:
I have played tibia pre and post wiki days, and I can comfortably say that it was more fun when all of the information about the game was not widely accessible by everyone with a simple search.

While I may agree with you, this kind of situation could already be considered an utopy, considering how easy is to setup a wiki or a simple website.

October 07, 2013, 06:30:49 PM
Tester

Post Re: Phobos Wiki related
You guys need to understand that an encyclopedia is not the same as spoilers... Yes, there might be some spoil eventually, but YOU are responsible for what you're searching for...

I do already have a Phobos Wiki hosted in my computer for my use only, for consulting... I didn't give the taught of putting it online because i didn't want to do all by myself, and for that reason i candidate myself for moderating yours...

Let's socialize, join the Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/phoboschat

October 07, 2013, 07:14:11 PM