PhysX's notes and suggestions

Want to hear the latest rumours about Phobos? Or just want to talk with others about Phobos? Enter the Common Room!
PhysX
Tester

October 22, 2013, 09:53:48 PM

I have a few things to point out referring to my recent gaming experience. Although, please don't get mad at me if a few things have already been mentioned. The more we talk about it, the more chances we stand to get this game correct in every detail. :yes:

Food:(Potion)

1. Food types giving different regeneration amounts or speed could work, I bet this has already been discussed and is somehow implemented. Might appear in the later tests
2. Ability to see how long is it until your food/potion regeneration effect "wears off".
3. A visual sign that you have eaten something or used sth on yourself..

Design/Environment:

2. I'd love to see bigger titles placed higher on the screen when entering a new zone rather than the current ones.
3. Health bar of a monster which is being attacked shall be somehow displayed. This as well might've been discussed.

Creatures:

4. Monster standing on the same square as the ladder cannot be attacked, is there a possible solution to this?
5. The previous thread about creature Artificial Intelligence shall be taken into consideration, certain monsters visibility field and speed shall be reduced.
6. The ability to see/sense through the walls could be adjusted to a certain group of creatures as currently it belongs to every monster. However, it is probably a hard nut to crack for the programmers.

Have fun,
PhysX.
PhysX
Tester

October 24, 2013, 10:04:14 PM

Well I still have doubts if the game economy for the low levels works as it was intended to. For instance, I'm a level 4 citizen and I have already died 6 times. I definitely do much exploration and I'm trying to do any of the quests to join the guild. I hope you do not expect me to stay on low level monsters for hours. That would be simply boring.

It is purely my own way of gaming and opinion indeed, but in such a low level you can't have the income to buy enough health potions. And current food regeneration is very limited and still has flaws. Furthermore, if your original plan for the official release is to enable the loss of inventory in the case of a death. I wouldn't be very satisfied (with the amount of items and experience I would've lost), espiecially when the game for me has just recently started. Just to be clear, I sure would not expect for an easy gameplay, not at all.

As well the reason could be my late entrance to the game. Whenever the majority of players started at the same time, their level avarage was rising equally at least for a while. That led to a possibility to wander through the lands and "hunt" in groups. If that is the case, solo gaming aspect is a tad incomplete.

Just a few things I wanted to clarify. I have not lost interest in the game itself although my criticism does not include any positive points (tbh there are many). :)
Amondin
Tester
Character: Sonhador
Clan: Dog Soldier Society

October 28, 2013, 04:11:34 AM

I agree with you Physx, especially on the ladder square problem.

It deserves some attention, the "Mouse click" system is really good but the right botton direct action is causing this problem.

In pvp system it will create a safe zone on ladder square, and its important because the "up-down" tatic is used a lot !

Im just loving the game ! Long live Phobos !