Talent Tree?

Want to hear the latest rumours about Phobos? Or just want to talk with others about Phobos? Enter the Common Room!
Mahedros
Tester
Character: Tifa

October 24, 2013, 09:55:55 PM

Have u guys at Myth ever thought of the possiblity of having a Talent Tree?

Was thinking the other day of my time in Ragnarok and what things i loved from that game and one of those was Talent Tree, and the diferent build i could do depending on the needs of my team.

Lets say a sorc wants to focuse only on ice spells, so he would put points into the ICE branch of the tree in order to make ice atacks stonger,. That way we could have diferent kinds of sorcerers.

Or a Marksman that wants to use firearms, he would spend points into the Firearm talent in order to hit harder or faster with them.

Wachuthink? D:
Zilvix
Tester
Character: Zilvix

October 24, 2013, 10:04:30 PM

I've loved talent trees in every game. It would be a nice change to use talents instead of training, so there's less dead time when you do get to play.
PhysX
Tester

October 24, 2013, 10:09:48 PM

This is a very very good idea indeed. Nothing original, no. However, as a whole oldschool 2d game it would be quite unique. I'd love to see it getting further from Tibian training systems. That would make every player special in a way
Last edited by PhysX on October 24, 2013, 10:25:44 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Setzer
Tester
Character: Setzer
Clan: GIRLZ LIKE IT BIG

October 24, 2013, 10:13:58 PM

I am not very sure about the talent tree idea, but for sure, training is a MUST, that should remain, and not be excluded as Zilvix suggested.

About the idea itself, I don't like much, but for sure, exchanging points every time you gonna kill something that is weak/strong against said element is something I absolutely disagree. One must endure monsters resistence, I believe, this game shouldn't be designed to be a piece of cake.

Even though, it is an idea that must be considered as it is not bad at all, I believe that all of our spells must be avaliable for their classes instead of picking one and losing the other.

Regards,
Mahedros
Tester

October 24, 2013, 10:25:08 PM

Yea the idea is to be able to focuse on one kind of spell/weapon type to have a little diference between the same classes.

This is not a substitute to skills, skills should remain as they are but with a talent tree we could go deeper into the type of weapon/spell we enjoy the most.
Munzder
Tester

October 25, 2013, 11:44:22 AM

"There will be various possibilities to make your character stand out from the others. Apart from a branched out class-tree, that already allows for basic differences in between characters of the same class (due to different "careers"), you will also have the attribute points you mentioned. Moreover, you will be able to build your character through items, naturally.

The rest really is up to you. Build your character through giving it character, personality and you'll be good. Apart from your personal desire to stand out I am pretty certain we have made sure classes will be sufficiently different from each other." Till

TOPIC: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5797
Mahedros
Tester

October 25, 2013, 03:31:57 PM

Munzder wrote:"There will be various possibilities to make your character stand out from the others. Apart from a branched out class-tree, that already allows for basic differences in between characters of the same class (due to different "careers"), you will also have the attribute points you mentioned. Moreover, you will be able to build your character through items, naturally.

The rest really is up to you. Build your character through giving it character, personality and you'll be good. Apart from your personal desire to stand out I am pretty certain we have made sure classes will be sufficiently different from each other." Till

TOPIC: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5797
Thanks didnt know this was already posted, nice to know we are gona have this kind of customization in the game.