Porposals and Report

Want to hear the latest rumours about Phobos? Or just want to talk with others about Phobos? Enter the Common Room!
Ghazkyt
Tester

November 29, 2013, 09:06:40 PM

Hello folks, I made this thread to report small bugs or to propose new features to the current way to play Phobos.

I will state my thoughts about good things that should be added to the game:
Feel free to correct me or offer a better way of use at my statements.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Auto-Walk:
This feature (holding RIGHT-CLICK) to walk sometimes doesn't work properly, sometimes I've noticed when I use it that it doesn't go to the right place, it starts going back like 3 sqm and then starts working good. Making your chase late.

Auto-Follow:
Sometimes I feel like I can't follow my fleeing targets, we need some feature to auto-follow to chase the creatures WHILE attacking them, like when you LEFT-CLICK the creature but attacking them, making it easier to chase your targets.

Map:
I can't just memorize a whole cave with a small light as help and a lot of stairs. We need something to see where we are or at least something to see where have we walked by.
As I've been reading a Minimap is not going to be added, but we need something to help us about this.

Aggressive and Pasive modes (Or a Balance mode as default):
This would be a very good feature since sometimes people run out of potion and need to flee the monsters without receiving too much damage.
Aggressive mode to attack stronger and less defense,
[Balance mode optionally default to balance our attack and defense]
Pasive mode to defend us more and hit less.

Resting mode (Same as Sedative):
Just like when you sit and regenerate your health/mana quickly, we need something to rest on the floor, could be as a hotkey and help us to regenerate better while we wait the respawn.
Me as example, I have around 800 of maximum mana, I am an apprentice and I have to wait a lot to regenerate it completely.

About the Rope/Pick/Fishing Rod/Shovel:
I think these items are useless by the moment (correct me if I am wrong).

Players' personal market:
This is a very good feature you should mind about, just like the Trade but an own stall where you can show people what do you sell and your price.
Only by clicking your stall a window could appear showing to the customer your items on sale.

Protection Zone:
As the temple or bank, maybe the city, should have a protected zone agaisnt monster's and/or future Player Killers (known as PK), in case of the PVP is going to be added.

Auto-Stack / Pick-one feature / Pick-all feature / Double Click:
I think that the way to see objects, grab, drop and choose amount is not so good.
  • * When you move an item which has more than 2 in a stack, when you type a number it MUST automatically delete the last one, this will make it easier to move amount of items.

* Shift-Clicking items is good, but Double clicking them is easier, I think you can get more from the shift, for example: When you move a stack while holding the SHIFT it could move just ONE item of the stack, without appearing the "Select an amount Window" making it easier.

* As the above one, moving a stack while holding Control could move the WHOLE stack, without appearing the "Select an amount Window" making it easier.

NPC Iddle:
A thing that makes me annoy is that the NPC's iddle time is too short, maybe it has already been reported but I cannot read as fast as they say Goodbye haha.

Corpses Description:
When somebody dies the corpse should say what killed him and who is the corpse from. I only have seen names description on quests with corpses (which weren't players).

Log-out lock:
This should be fixed, when you are in a battle you can log-out, making you flee from the battle and troll the monster haha. Maybe a fighting condition.

Book Respawn:
Another tragedy is when people take the books, it makes a quest harder when another player steal the hints. Maybe something that makes the books respawn or at least something that lets you know that somebody else took a book from a certain spot.

Distance-fighting monsters:
This has probably been reported before, monsters which attack from a distance position stop attacking when you are close to them, like the Orc Bowman and Orc Hunter.

The End.

I'll let the topic here, it think it would be very boring reading more, I will make another thread with more other features later.
Rob
Administrator

November 30, 2013, 12:12:50 AM

Hi Ghazkyt, thanks for your feedback.

First thing: please report bugs on the bug forum. This makes it much easier for us to keep track of all known bugs, fix them as we go along and let you know when they're fixed. Be sure to check this thread for information on making bug reports.

Just a couple of comments from me:
Ghazkyt wrote:Map:
I can't just memorize a whole cave with a small light as help and a lot of stairs. We need something to see where we are or at least something to see where have we walk d by. As I've been reading a Minimap is not going to be added, but we need something to help us about this.
A map has already been promised, but isn't top-priority right now.
Ghazkyt wrote:Aggressive and Pasive modes (Or a Balance mode as default):
This would be a very good feature since sometimes people run out of potion and need to flee the monsters without receiving too much damage.
Aggressive mode to attack stronger and less defense,
[Balance mode optionally default to balance our attack and defense]
Pasive mode to defend us more and hit less.
I will be completely blunt on this: in other games that have this system it breeds laziness, monotony and boredom. Instead you will be able to alter your playing style by the spells/feats and equipment that you use. Default attack will not be very useful for higher-level hunting or PvP, instead higher-level players will be very reliant on spells/feats.
Lorty
Tester

November 30, 2013, 12:30:41 AM

I feel like a basic mini-map until you guys implement a better(?) map function should be essential. It's really hard to orientate yourself without a map and there's a reason why every single MMO uses a map. I don't think it kills the RPG element, I mean, it's actually more realistic to have an unexplored mini-map than no mini-map at all. An intelligent adventurer will survey the area progressively, he won't get lost after the fourth time he walks in the same dungeon which is the case right now, unless you have a really good memory.
Chaosweaver
Tester

December 02, 2013, 08:18:59 PM

I found having no mini-map was a bit confusing at first, but it doesn't take a lot of time before you adapt to it and you'll remember the whole map before you know it. I'm sure it's something you'll get more used to as time passes.

They've already said there won't be a mini-map. If you want a detailed map I guess you'll have to pull out a sheet of graph paper and a pen! :D
Celix
Tester
Character: Celix
Clan: Order of the Beetle

December 02, 2013, 08:33:15 PM

I think it is a lot more exciting and rewarding when you explore without a map (atleast a mini-map, like most other games). You don't really know what is coming and you are never really sure where you are (maybe sometimes, but ye). It also keeps me more focused on the game because I have to pay more attention to the surroundings and remember where I have been and not.

In my opinion, it is really good!
Thor
The Old Dwarf
Character: Mezur Stonecutter
Clan: Dwarfhood

December 02, 2013, 11:23:18 PM

Halgart wrote:If you want a detailed map I guess you'll have to pull out a sheet of graph paper and a pen! :D
This.
Lorty
Tester

December 03, 2013, 01:18:32 AM

Perhaps few Phobos Online veterans over here like it without any mini-map, but you won't attract new players with that, considering more than 95% of these players have played Tibia in the past and they are used to the mini-map, which is useful and doesn't kill the RPG element of the game at all. I don't recall a single player complaining about the mini-map of Tibia.

What players want is an unexplored mini-map that is an awesome feature to encourage the player to discover the world. No mini-map simply discourages the player.
Illidalph
Tester

December 03, 2013, 05:11:05 AM

personally i hated that there wasnt a mini map at first. Kept getting lost in caves in near death trying to flee heh but now only days later ive gotten to know a good amount of the map and im starting to like that there isnt a map and also that they have a different mapping system in the works
Ghazkyt
Tester

December 03, 2013, 04:05:37 PM

I was ok with the no mini-map, till i got into a laaaarge cave with like 20 stairs, up and down, so long that not even leaving pieces of apples to remember where i've walked by was enough to keep me unbored exploring.

Killing rats, spiderlings, wolves and maggots, believing that going to the other part of the cave i was going to find something useful, but, i almost fall sleep xd.

We need an unexplored mini-map, IF you want, make it erasable, I mean, when a certain time comes up, the mini map starts to blur, ANYTHING could help to solve this xd.
Sir Vitor
Tester
Character: Sir Vitor

December 06, 2013, 02:07:13 AM

Having no mini-map adds so much to the game that adding it would ruin it all.
It adds the true feeling of exploration. You almost feel like you are right there where your character is, analyzing the area you are looking at trying to remember the right way to go. This feeling by itself is already a very good reason to not have it.
And also, it imensely rewards people that like exploring. You actually have more knowledge and is more experienced when you have explored more than some newcommer. This is amazing because it really gets to the realism, since it almost feels like how it is like in this kind of medieval scenary. Like you have the explorers that know about the world and tells tales about their travels and shit. Ofc it is not exactly the same thing but it puts a bit of that feeling into the game.
Moreover, people can actually draw their own maps! When I was playing I thought about doing but was too lazy to do so. I don't know about the rest of you but this feels so amazing to me. Since people could actually go around and SELL maps they did!

So, in the end, imo this extremely MINOR 'feature' that is the lack of minimap adds so much depth to the game that I think it should definetaly stays like that ;p

To be honest, out of what all different things Phobos showed us, I think this little detail is what actually most affected the gameplay (in a good way).