It is currently October 17, 2017, 05:09:24 AM

Phobos and the future 
Tester

Character: Sir Vitor
Post Phobos and the future
Hello everyone,

Here, I want to bring an old issue to the attention of everyone once again, but also to advise our dearest Phobos' developers.
Phobos has now been in development for more or less TEN YEARS.

The good and old community (or some part of it) has been here for all these years, never giving up. We have been trying, shouting, complaining, and above everything, waiting.

When I look back to the first Test Server I joined and compare with what we have nowadays, its just disappointing. Obviously the progress in the game is not even comparable to what all those years of development should have been. The fact that we love Phobos makes us be so excited about something new after months of patience. But then we have to realize that the progress is so slow that in the end it means almost nothing.

Maybe the developers know that already, or maybe they haven't realized yet. I will put it clearly:

THERE IS NO FUTURE FOR PHOBOS IN THIS CURRENT DEVELOPMENT SPEED.

This may sound harsh, but it is simply the true. If we progress at this rate, even with 5 years the game won't be really ready and prepared the way we dream about.

This is to Phobos staff and everyone involved:

You have a HUGE opportunity laying over and abandoned in front of you. PLEASE, come back and give your power to this game, we all deserve it. This game has SO MUCH potential.

We all have our busy lives, but I am sure you rare all able to dedicated time to something you love and that could grow into part of your life with enough dedication.

Please, I know I represent our whole community when I say that you guys really need to put Phobos forward with dedication. And you always have many options to explore. We have so many people around with talent that would be so motivated to work and help Phobos grow. It is already time to start leaving the comfort zone, to start exploring options, to start risking a little bit. Bring new people, try new things, give a bit more of your time and see what happens. Promote the game. Anything. There is a future for Phobos, but in order for it to become reality, changes must happen now.

Thanks for all the staff that has been actively trying to keep up with the game even in the worst days (specially Rob). And I hope that the community agrees on me and will always deposit some hope in this game.

Feel free to discuss :)

Regards,
Vitor

July 06, 2016, 05:41:42 PM
Tester

Character: Strider
Post Re: Phobos and the future
I'm not tester for a long time, but always heard and look at phobos on google, trying to find screenshots and such...

But I agree with u...

Anyway, I don't blame staff... maybe phobos is a Hobby, maybe there's a lack of money, difficulty on comunication between phobos staff members, personal life, children, study, work...

If they could live with phobos profit... maybe the game was released before...

it's my thought!

But tottally agree... the game must to evolve fast!

July 06, 2016, 09:15:36 PM
Tester

Character: Darkstarz
Clan: Proud member of Ironfist.
I couldn't agree with you more, Vitor. The staff needs to figure out what their priorities are, otherwise just leave it alone. I had high hopes for this game, truly, i was one of the most supporting people just hoping this game would come to fruition.

But, when a game (unofficial) comes to a point where staff members take literally months to respond. I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no dedication whatsoever.

Please Myth, release your "hobby" game, to someone who has the drive, loyalty determination and dedication it takes to create a successful massive multiplayer online role playing game.

Because lets face it, Phobos is NOT an MMORPG. With all due respect.

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.
William Arthur Ward

July 07, 2016, 01:07:05 AM
Tester

Hey guys, I appreciate your input on the discussion, that is what we should be doing more often.
However, my point was not to blame the staff and put them down, as they at least haven't abandoned the game completely yet and still put some effort.
I just want to alert them that it won't be enough this way. I feel that the time to risk and dedicate to the game for it to become reality has to be now or else there is no point. At this rate Phobos will never really be a game. A miracle won't happen, it is all on you to either dedicate, find more people, or just accept that your project isn't going anywhere.

July 07, 2016, 02:07:23 AM
Tester

I wonder why they never dedicated more time, i bet they could have made some money out of the game (thats always some extra motivation). But w/e, if they ever get serious ill play the game, otherwise its like playing a dead game.

July 07, 2016, 10:15:16 AM
Tester

create a game involves many things, tibia for example was not the way it is overnight and even in 1997, when it was released had numerous bugs to be fixed.

certainly the team that is creating the game has other commitments and so far they're not earning profit from the game.

I just want to ask a question to those who think the game is taking.

If they are not making money even with the game, like they're going to pay the Bills (light, water, telephone, among others), just focus on the game?

:afro:

July 07, 2016, 01:55:16 PM
Tester

Mirolol, yes nothing comes out of thin air. But did you read how long it has been already? Enough time has passed already for the game to have been sorted out.
Now it is progressing quicker than usual but that's mainly due to Rob's dedication.

I am not asking them to stop working and give their lives to Phobos. The thing is that they have this project going here. They are paying a server already. They should be investing more of their time to have the return later on. It is not even a very risky investment because there isn't really that much money involved, only commitment.

If there won't ever be real commitment to the project because "we don't have time" of "this is just a hobby" then what is the point of the project? That is my point. If they keep this mentality there is no future for phobos because soon enough it will get old and everyone will quit. But it can go the other way and be a great success, I belive that.

July 07, 2016, 02:07:24 PM
Tester

don't disagree with you, I know that the game has almost ten years of design, just have to wait and see if the game is not forward patience, will not be the first to do this, and not the last.

I think the game is just for fun and not a profession for the players (this is not lol)

:twisted:

July 07, 2016, 03:21:36 PM
Tester

I suggest that, they may updtade the staff... Call to university, academic students could help phobos as an internship or something.

They spare time, oversee the students, work some time when got time and such.. spare money.

I think this could be great... and preferably people of the same city/state...
avoid communication issues.

I would suggest that... but if the main problem is lack of time... i can tottaly understand. I have a son, work and was studying engineering (It over last week, in one month i got my University Degree :twisted: :king: :moustache: )... I barely have time to housechores and a little fun... now i will have more time... but not enough if thats about develop an MMO...

I try to be realistic... also about profit... maybe phobos has it's HYPE momment... but i doubt now it profits..... I don't know this is all conjecturation...

Also about being a Hobby... is also a Conjeture. Don't take it serious....

i think a wise think we can do is... a brainstorm, to give ideas for the game development:

Students:Hire students, or offer the students to work on phobos for university project and study.

Website:Remake the website, update it, and try to revive the interest of people about the game, the objective is obtain more donations and share phobos content along the internet

Open project:Don't hold content, release videos, screenshots, and content about phobos. Make people see the game, sure it's risky to be copy or such, but u can also take advantage with it. I think the risk worth.

Polls:Release more polls about the game, to see what people expect, and to see if phobos still good for this time.

Creation:Opens space for artists and such, so they could create and the best creations gonna be on game, of course they may gain some special features by this.

I think those things just takes time. No much money.

What u think? And community, any other ideas?

July 07, 2016, 04:36:51 PM
Tester

I can't say anything other than that I agree with this. The speed of development is far from quick enough to satisfy the expectations of players today. It's not the 90s anymore when the competition was very limited, peoples expectations are a lot higher nowadays. I really enjoy the game (wouldn't have played as much as I have if I didn't :D), but if not more effort or time is put into this our AND your expectations of what the game should be will never come to fruition. If you don't have enough time maybe you should evaluate accepting some player created content?

I also have to say that this community needs to be better at providing feedback and not be so passive expecting Myth to read your minds.

July 07, 2016, 05:16:26 PM
Tester

Chaosweaver wrote:
I can't say anything other than that I agree with this. The speed of development is far from quick enough to satisfy the expectations of players today. It's not the 90s anymore when the competition was very limited, peoples expectations are a lot higher nowadays. I really enjoy the game (wouldn't have played as much as I have if I didn't :D), but if not more effort or time is put into this our AND your expectations of what the game should be will never come to fruition. If you don't have enough time maybe you should evaluate accepting some player created content?

I also have to say that this community needs to be better at providing feedback and not be so passive expecting Myth to read your minds.

Always try to set new Ideas... as the spell post (also reace post) and such

July 07, 2016, 08:54:24 PM
Tester

848586 wrote:
I know that the game has almost ten years of design
:twisted:

More than ten years. Started in 2005 and back then it was called "The Last Myth".

July 08, 2016, 04:19:10 PM
Tester

So... information about the release wont ever come out?

I have been supporting the project for more than 9 years, I went one of the first donators for the beta with my other account and it was a lot of years ago.

Anyway. This game as such too much potential and i think the staff has not been realized. I have met again with old friends (more than 20) who played tibia and dominate servers for years, and we are again looking for a game in which we can spend free time and get fun as we were doing years ago.

So.. Whats the point? If i (only me) got all those friends, obviously the other people from the forums know a lot of more people who can be interesting on playing this game.

That means that there are many people prepared to invest money in the game for fun and profit. Excuse me put the case, as "Tibia" did with premium accounts.

Hope Staff still working in the project, and give out information about what going on this. Thanks :like:

September 21, 2016, 05:18:41 PM
Tester

Character: Beckerzin
Clan: Brotherhood Ruthless
Come on staff... any kind of update is welcome!
We believe in the project... I have been following and playing since 2007 and for me there's no better game. But you guys need to invest more! This games has so much potential! I know a lot of friends that want it to play but arent because of the endless 'beta'...

September 26, 2016, 10:48:12 AM