It is currently June 28, 2017, 01:10:56 PM

Plans of the development? I've got questions! 
Tester

Post Plans of the development? I've got questions!
1. Why is the game not on Steam Greenlight? Are there any plans to add it?
2. Is there anywhere I can talk with a developer about the project other than this forum?
3. Are you advertising this game anywhere, do you need more people to work on it?
4. There is no release date, I know that. Do you have any estimates thought?
5. How big is the map, do you have quests and secrets scattered around or is it just a map with monsters?
6. Are there any in game payments?

I would like to play this but I don't know if it's worth getting into, I mean obviously there is Tibia with like 20 years of content out there which I can play but I'm looking for alternatives.

Thanks!

August 27, 2016, 09:42:05 AM
Staff

Post Re: Plans of the development? I've got questions!
Katoosie wrote:
1. Why is the game not on Steam Greenlight? Are there any plans to add it?
2. Is there anywhere I can talk with a developer about the project other than this forum?
3. Are you advertising this game anywhere, do you need more people to work on it?
4. There is no release date, I know that. Do you have any estimates thought?
5. How big is the map, do you have quests and secrets scattered around or is it just a map with monsters?
6. Are there any in game payments?

I would like to play this but I don't know if it's worth getting into, I mean obviously there is Tibia with like 20 years of content out there which I can play but I'm looking for alternatives.

Thanks!
Hi Katoosie,

1. Yes, the current plan is that we would get Phobos on Steam Greenlight.

2. Feel free to private message me. However please be aware that I probably won't be able to give you any information which hasn't already been made public.

3. We aren't advertising the game yet. But we certainly will have to when it comes to release.
    Regarding new team members, we're always happy to take applications. But please be aware that our standards are unhealthily high.

4. We can't say. Sorry. I know that our stance on this is very annoying, but we would rather do it like this, than break promises.

5. There are quests and secrets, yes. We're very narrative-focused, so it's very important to us that the world has these things.

6. We accept donations, but there are no game payments at all right now (and most likely won't be until after release). We do plan to add a Noble Account (provides convenience, not power), and - depending on support - micro-transactions for some aesthetic options, like new outfits.

Since you're clearly interested in how Phobos is going, I've given you access to the beta. You'll receive a message within the next few minutes explaining how to join.

Rob

August 27, 2016, 03:01:16 PM
Tester

That was really nice of you.
I have played the game a bit and so far it's actually pretty neat although I think some things are missing i.e map, quest log (It could be that I have not yet discovered any of those).

I like the artwork, it's alright, so is the lighting system. I'll play more and maybe write a bit about my experience.

August 27, 2016, 07:08:36 PM
Tester

Character: Popov
Rob wrote:
3. We aren't advertising the game yet. But we certainly will have to when it comes to release.
Regarding new team members, we're always happy to take applications. But please be aware that our standards are unhealthily high.

I was a bit curious about this as well. If we did want to apply, where would we do so? Also, is there some type of application outline we should follow? Such as standard information you would like in some particular order.

I guess a better question to start would be, should we even bother applying if we have no prior work experience in the field?

Thanks in advance for any further information you might be able to provide,
-Popov

August 28, 2016, 11:17:24 PM
Tester

What's up, I just found this old thread.
Why is it not on Steam as an early access old school mmorpg, that could earn a little money, broaden the community? Would definitely be a step forward!
:gangster:

DR. JOHNSON

May 09, 2017, 03:50:59 PM