Some ideas to improve the client!

Want to hear the latest rumours about Phobos? Or just want to talk with others about Phobos? Enter the Common Room!
Chaosweaver
Tester

September 28, 2016, 11:16:34 PM

Here are some ideas to improve the client. What do you think about it?
  • My most requested client feature would be to add pure WASD movement without having to use QEZC. Link to my previous proposal.
  • Smart casting of abilities. Essentially being able to cast abilities without the need to press the left mouse button. This may cause some obnoxious combos, so a tiny global cooldown on targetable spells may be necessary to add. Former proposal.
  • I'd really like to increase the size of my game window and I think a perfect way to do this is by making the chat window transparent. It can be made to fade completely out when not in use. Example picture:
  • Increase the amount of columns in containers to 5 or 6(fits perfectly with backpacks with 30 spots). This will diminish the amount of rows needed and we can open more backpacks. Example:
  • Right now we are limited to 12 spells because we only have the hotkey bar, when more spells gets added this will become a problem. Remove the hotkey bar and let us put hotkeys for each spell in the spell list. Something like this:
  • Add support so special keys can be used as hotkeys like TAB, forward and backwards mouse button etc.
  • I'd love to be able to use both sidebars to hold containers and be able to move them from one side to the other. (For example to move the friend list over to the right sidebar). Another thing that would be great is to be able to move your equipment wherever you want (for example between two backpacks so you can change items quickly).
  • When you logout you should be getting the character selection screen so you don't have to retype acount name/password when changing characters.
  • The text field right now does not support expected features like copying what you write and the ability to place your cursor in the middle of a sentence to edit it.
  • The Friend list needs to be fleshed out a little like 'hide offline friends', notify when login and width needs to be increased so names doesn't get cropped.
  • Add names of the location you're in on the game screen like 'Tirapeth'. This will help people learn the name of the areas in game. :)
  • Add an option for displaying numerical values of ping and FPS. I prefer to be able to see it.
  • This annoying bug has been here since the beginning of the beta: Special characters like 'ÆØÅ' will be displayed as some nonsensical combination of symbols to the recipient in PM's. Another annoying bug is when you sell/buy items from NPC's you have to press enter twice because the first time it will trigger the chat's text field.
Last edited by Chaosweaver on September 29, 2016, 10:51:02 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Till
Staff
Character: Till

September 29, 2016, 07:27:35 PM

Thanks for the input, most of these we already forwarded to Robbert. So, they should come at some point (most client improvements mentioned here, that is).
Chaosweaver
Tester

September 29, 2016, 10:49:25 PM

Awesome! :king:
Beckerzin
Tester
Character: Beckerzin
Clan: Brotherhood Ruthless

September 30, 2016, 01:39:02 AM

Till,
any updates coming soon? :P
J-Rolla
Tester

October 05, 2016, 08:32:39 PM

Lot of good ideas, I like the chat window transparency pic. Also im sure its been mentioned before but putting comments and symbols in the friends list would be nice to see.