Swift Strike Rendering Attack Speed Useless

Want to hear the latest rumours about Phobos? Or just want to talk with others about Phobos? Enter the Common Room!
Zhukka
Tester
Character: Korcha

November 12, 2018, 05:39:30 PM

Swift strikes delays your next normal attack and effectively puts it at 2.0 seconds regardless of weapon speed.

This is very strange since it means weapon attack speed is irrelevant for any character using swift strike ( which accounts for all that have it ).

That also means that the attack speed bonus from fury is moot as well.

Is it really intended for swift strike to work this way? It just seems strange to have a spell that turns a weapon stat into meaningless nothingness.
Sir Vitor
Tester
Character: Sir Vitor

November 12, 2018, 06:35:20 PM

Yay, another one that agrees on me :D

For that reason I proposed to either remove swift strike or make it not reset attack speed.
Odyon
Tester

November 12, 2018, 06:55:53 PM

I am still new but it has already been seen or spoken by many that many things to be reformulated because today they are of no use
Zhukka
Tester
Character: Korcha

November 14, 2018, 01:52:20 AM

I'd say it would be better if it didn't affect the normal attack at all, or if it has to reset weapon CD, then have the CD of swift strike correlate with the character's attack speed, that way it synergies even better with fury. That would make the speed of a weapon something to really consider, though that may be a bit OP.

Right now there is no reason to use lindum flail over left hand of helitus even though it has .4 faster attack speed.