Any plans for adding a minimap?

Want to hear the latest rumours about Phobos? Or just want to talk with others about Phobos? Enter the Common Room!

Would you prefer if the game had a minimap?

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 13
Dark Cyber
Tester

March 06, 2019, 10:46:38 PM

I know the original idea is to not have minimap so the game is more hardcore but in my opinion it is what makes the game not so enjoyable.
It is REALLY hard to remember what path you took to get where you are. A lot of times I have to kill myself so I can go back to the city because I don`t know how to leave the cave. If I have to go back walking I lose A LOT of time because I never get the right way the first time AND it is also very boring to go back manually, you lose sometimes half an hour just walking when you could have clicked in the minimap and your character would do the trajetory automatically.

Am I the only one with this problem?
Sir Vitor
Tester
Character: Sir Vitor

March 07, 2019, 12:28:06 AM

The only thing that bothers me is not having map-click walking. But the long walks will be fixed when they add the boat.
Other than that, the lack of the minimap is rather a great feature of Phobos. It makes the experience more interesting and more challenging. I believe most of the players actually enjoy it, and the staff will probably never add one.
Xune
Tester

March 07, 2019, 02:05:11 AM

Indeed, I'm of the same mind as Vitor. I enjoy the fact that there is no minimap, and although having to walk long distances is a pain, that will eventually be solved when boats are enabled. The walk is good for you anyway, helps to actually learn where things are.