It is currently August 19, 2018, 12:47:27 PM

y00 php/mysql issue 
Tester

Character: TrevoriuS
Clan: Dwarfhood
Post y00 php/mysql issue
Ye me and soem pal from school are escaping reality with a lil' browser based minigame >< But we have a problem. We want to do something like this:

[Click button]: change int varialbe instantly; place timer for countdown + cancel button
timer for countdown is just a javascript with input variables by checking page loading moment and timer goal moment
when cancel is clicked: variable must be changed back (old variable doesnt need to be changed cause its jsut put the other way around through a formula)
but if cancel is not clicked; another integer must get something added up to. So what if the user logs out - the script msut still be executed.

The same goes for adding money-ish every hour, even when the player is not online. How is it possible to either calculate such things when the player logs in again; or way more easily, execute scripts even when the player is not online (so on the badckground; possibly for the entier database).

using apache & mysql here.

December 10, 2007, 08:57:33 PM
Tester

Clan: Order of the Beetle
Post Re: y00 php/mysql issue
I suggest you ask K-Zodron, he knows everything and perhaps even more concerning PHP and MySQL, I'll forward this to him.

December 10, 2007, 08:59:58 PM
Tester

The easiest way to do something while the user is offline is to store time variables. You simply store the time when the user last was updated, and then use that variable to figure out how much time has passed when updating the next time.

If you absolutely have to do something lets say every hour, you could use some kind of cronjobs. I suggest trying out http://www.webcron.org (that's what I used for MarketCrash job updating)

I don't understand the cancel button thingy you explained in the beginning of the post fully :P

December 10, 2007, 09:09:26 PM
Tester

Character: TrevoriuS
Clan: Dwarfhood
Wel say I but a training lesson in skill X
And I decide to stop the training; while I didnt get the skill yet - I dont learn a thing, and get my money back
Thus CANCel ;) Thanks alot of the WebCron thingy - im reading it now

December 10, 2007, 09:13:30 PM
Tester

Well..hmm...a cancel button is pressed and X happens...doesn't sound like a hard feature to me? Maybe I misundestood your point :P

Code:
<form action="randompage.php">
<input type="submit" value="Cancel" />
</form>

--------- randompage.php ----------

<?php
    CancelJob();
?>

December 10, 2007, 09:26:08 PM