Forum Changes

The latest news, updates and information on the ongoing development of Phobos.
Till
Staff
Character: Till

February 26, 2010, 06:19:18 PM

Greetings dear members of our community,

In the following days the forum will undergo some drastic changes. Today we will start with dismissing our inactive team members completely from the team and giving them the Honorary Members's rank with Supporter status to honour their former dedication to the project.

Further changes will include the partial closure of our public boards as we do not see much sense in keeping those open. The closed boards will be the Offtopic Board, the Spam Nation, the Gallery, the Fireplace, the Helping Corner and the Show Area. Moreover the Guild Boards will be closed, too.
The Supporter Area, the Blackboard, the Common Room, the Counter and the Artists' Corner will remain open.

Over the weekend we will try to set up a newsletter you may subscribe to in order to stay updated about our current development process and stay informed about any other news, polls or articles.
This way we hope to be able to concentrate more on the game by being able to focus more on the actual game than on the public boards that are not used much anyway.

We are sorry for any incovenience that may result from these measures. Also we want to thank all the people who still believe in us despite the problems we are currently experiencing. Thank you.

Yours,
Nordberg
Tester
Character: Johnald Skullsplitter
Clan: Akai'Zhar

February 26, 2010, 06:43:40 PM

I beg to you; PLEASE think through this newsletter one more time.
I'd rather have nothing than another thing that gets inactive (Diaries and surveys). Stuffs can seem to be very good but can quickly die and suddenly it's just another piece of work that has to be done.
Till
Staff

February 26, 2010, 06:45:29 PM

Don't worry this time. I will take care of it and make sure to send out a newsletter everytime there's something to report.
Hegemon
Tester

February 26, 2010, 06:59:37 PM

Uh, that sux. I wanted to make a use of the Gallery board. Common Room then.
Agent Green
Tester
Character: Agent Green
Clan: Order of the Beetle

February 27, 2010, 12:45:56 AM

Nordberg wrote:I beg to you; PLEASE think through this newsletter one more time.
I'd rather have nothing than another thing that gets inactive (Diaries and surveys). Stuffs can seem to be very good but can quickly die and suddenly it's just another piece of work that has to be done.
I agree, everybody just looks on the forum for news. Why not just post on the main board as you do now.
Socera boladaum
Tester
Character: Socera boladaum
Clan: Brotherhood Ruthless

February 27, 2010, 12:51:07 AM

Nordberg wrote:I beg to you; PLEASE think through this newsletter one more time.
I agree
But you can do a nice job if you want. How will be those newsletter? E-mails? Topics like diaries? Posts on the main page?
Till
Staff

February 27, 2010, 01:02:28 AM

Socera boladaum wrote:
I agree
But you can do a nice job if you want. How will be those newsletter? E-mails? Topics like diaries? Posts on the main page?
Newsletters can include anything we consider noteworthy. Announcements, teasers, polls, brief updates of what we are working on / have just finished. Of course most things will also be posted in the forums, however you won't need to come here to check and eventually be disappointed.

You won't need to come to Phobos, Phobos will come to you.
Zilvix
Tester
Character: Zilvix

February 27, 2010, 06:11:17 PM

Well, as long as i'm updated, I can't really complain. :P
Ferks
Newcomer

March 01, 2010, 05:57:25 PM

Zilvix wrote:Well, as long as i'm updated, I can't really complain. :P
Agreed, agreed!
Changes are happening, that's what matter! :)
Till
Staff

March 01, 2010, 10:21:46 PM

Alright, new update. We are still trying to set up a newsletter system, struggling with some technical difficulties right now. I have tried to improvise a bit with sending an email to all forum users through our forum administration, it didn't work though. Not everybody received an email :( Please bear with us, we are working on it.
El Diablo
Tester
Character: El Diablo

March 02, 2010, 01:39:58 PM

This be making meh happy
El Diablo
Tester

March 05, 2010, 10:57:05 PM

Till wrote:
Drawnraven wrote: [...]

Question to whom ever moved this why was this topic moved? I had though this board was being closed?
Sorry, it was me. The reason is that although the other boards are being closed in the near future it's not ok to post threads in the remaining boards that won't fit there. It's still uncertain when the boards are being closed so don't worry ;)
(carried this over here so my other topic won't get sidetracked) So may I suggest that at least the off-topic of all the boards remains open for the posts like these? It seems reasonable don't it?
Till
Staff

March 05, 2010, 11:18:18 PM

We'll think about it ;) The original idea actually was to keep all discussions about the game and get rid of topics that might distract us.

Thanks for quoting me here by the way, I should have said that right in the beginning :oops:
El Diablo
Tester

March 05, 2010, 11:23:09 PM

:) Yup, and yeah that's understandable I see why it could be closed. Though how will I get to talk casually to my fellow phobians? I will be sad if I can't pick on Nordberg or Hegemon anymore :(
Thor
The Old Dwarf
Character: Mezur Stonecutter
Clan: Dwarfhood

March 05, 2010, 11:25:51 PM

That's in general what fansites are for :P