It is currently December 17, 2017, 07:16:15 AM

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173  Next
 To-do list (Updated: 12/10/2013) 
Tester

Character: Fernando
Post Re: To-do list (Updated: 12/10/2013)
Agent Green wrote:
If you want a rough estimate of when it will be release ready.... In my opinion something like 2-5 years.

What is holding them back is the programming side. No disrespect, you have done a great job but with so few people the process has a real bottle neck.

The art, graphics, design or whatever you want to call it is great. Real nice and works well.

I know you like to speak about Brooks's law. "Adding manpower to a late software project makes it later"
I think this is true for bigger teams where the people just come in and then leave after it has been released. Right now you have two programmers, one client side and one server side? I don't know how it works exactly.

This makes any updates very slow. How much can one person do in their spare time when hours can be spent trying to troubleshoot a single problem. You really want to think about introducing more talent into the team to work on the programming not just to get it release ready but to become part of myth ent.

This is just how I see it from the other side of the internet, where I have sat getting older and wiser for many years xD
i hope you're wrong :(

April 02, 2014, 12:42:12 AM
Tester

guardi0 wrote:
Agent Green wrote:
If you want a rough estimate of when it will be release ready.... In my opinion something like 2-5 years.

I feel you there. When I first heard about this game, I wasn't expecting to have to wait 12 years to play it.

April 02, 2014, 11:47:47 PM
Newcomer

Xune wrote:
guardi0 wrote:
Agent Green wrote:

I feel you there. When I first heard about this game, I wasn't expecting to have to wait 12 years to play it.

12 years? That's an exaggeration. Actually it has been 8 years.

May 04, 2014, 07:06:40 PM
Tester

An exageration perhaps, but you get my point nonetheless.

It's been 8 years so far, but if Agent Green's prediction of 5 years is accurate, that will leave you with a solid 12 years of waiting. 13, actually.

May 04, 2014, 08:18:30 PM
Newcomer

hiho. Im waiting for this game so long already. Will this game be online this year? or you guys stopped working on this project. This game got potential to be honest. I remember playing Tibia, there were like 50 players playing this game and it grew up very fast. It has a record of 70.000 players back then. I hope you guys keep working on this project because you spent already so much time in it.

peace !!

August 01, 2014, 01:09:30 PM
Staff

Character: Redshrike
Clan: The Order of the Beetle
Stuff is still happening behind the scenes, we're all just a bit RL busy. Andre's busy being a big shot biologist and getting all the funding (and, presumably, the ladies), I'm headed to grad school in a couple of days, and most everyone else is so busy I don't even know what they do. But things are definitely still happening, and development isn't dead.

They meshed the light of moon and sun.

August 12, 2014, 11:36:40 PM
Tester

Character: Meryl
Clan: Vulpes
Redshrike wrote:
Stuff is still happening behind the scenes, we're all just a bit RL busy. Andre's busy being a big shot biologist and getting all the funding (and, presumably, the ladies), I'm headed to grad school in a couple of days, and most everyone else is so busy I don't even know what they do. But things are definitely still happening, and development isn't dead.

well, we all hope it :p

September 22, 2014, 07:03:54 PM
Tester

Character: Donny
I kind of have to agree with Agent Green on his time estimate. 2 years seem kind of like a best possible scenario at this rate.

September 26, 2014, 11:03:23 AM
Newcomer

Redshrike wrote:

Well, sir, let me tell you that you are offending all the readers by making that mocking post. We all know that this game has been in "development" for 8 years, and you guys have being so sassy that this page still online as a proof of your mocking behavior. So writing what you just wrote is a high scale trolling.

October 01, 2014, 09:06:09 AM
Newcomer

Redshrike wrote:

In other words: "We're focusing on our real careers instead of developing the game."
I'm quite happy i did not donate because i'd regret it now, especially reading that post. :no:

No reason to live, dead in the womb
Death shroud existence, slave for a pittance
Condemned to die before I could breathe
Millions are screaming, the dead are still living
This Earth has died yet no one has seen

Funeralopolis

-Electric Wizard

November 08, 2014, 05:31:02 PM
Tester

Character: Keru
Exmind wrote:
Redshrike wrote:

In other words: "We're focusing on our real careers instead of developing the game."
I'm quite happy i did not donate because i'd regret it now, especially reading that post. :no:

Well you are quite wrong there my friend, stuff are happening, you just as a Non supporter don't notices them. You know they have to feed them self? they are not kids just playing around. If more people donate they could start thinking about investing more time into this wonderful game.

November 08, 2014, 06:39:53 PM
Tester

Character: Celix
Clan: Order of the Beetle
Exmind wrote:
Redshrike wrote:

They are still developing the game, just last week there was an update. So it is still going on, though pretty slow.

November 08, 2014, 08:55:04 PM
Tester

Character: Stinking Hippy
SamKiud wrote:
Well, sir, let me tell you that you are offending all the readers by making that mocking post. We all know that this game has been in "development" for 8 years, and you guys have being so sassy that this page still online as a proof of your mocking behavior. So writing what you just wrote is a high scale trolling.

I don't know why that post offended you. What is offensive about people developing a game in their spare time? Grow up, life does not exist just for your pleasure.

November 09, 2014, 03:39:29 PM
Newcomer

Agent Green wrote:
SamKiud wrote:

I don't know why that post offended you. What is offensive about people developing a game in their spare time? Grow up, life does not exist just for your pleasure.

Even if the business is about pleasure (videogames) this is not about that, but about commitment, responsibility and duty since the time you decide to start a company and gather a community by creating a forum. You sign to fullfill those commitments as liabilities and to give something to the people who is expecting something from you becasue guess what... you're a company, not a simple group of "people" as you give to know. Don't try to fool the readers.

Grow up and fulfill your responsibilities, that's what grown ups does. Or simply close http://www.phobosonline.com until you're able to.

November 10, 2014, 04:02:22 AM
Tester

Character: Stinking Hippy
We are a group of people with a love for 2d iso grid based games.

I don't know why you feel like they owe you something by trying to make a game and involving other people with the same passion.
Why do you think this is a business?
Nobody gets paid, no money is made and a few people have donated to access the testing of the game.

November 10, 2014, 05:39:25 PM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173  Next