Teaser - The Dynamic World

The latest news, updates and information on the ongoing development of Phobos.
Rob
Administrator

July 31, 2012, 02:37:49 PM

Socera boladaum wrote:
P.S. This teaser has been a long time coming. But expect the next one within the next 2-3 weeks
We're still waiting...

Please, make a teaser about outfits, addons and mounts
We gave you the So, what's left? teaser 9 days after this teaser. :P The next teaser will be later in August. There probably won't be anything about outfits in the next one, but seeing as quite a few people have been asking for it, perhaps in the one after...
Socera boladaum
Tester
Character: Socera boladaum
Clan: Brotherhood Ruthless

July 31, 2012, 04:02:40 PM

Rob wrote:We gave you the So, what's left? teaser 9 days after this teaser. :P The next teaser will be later in August. There probably won't be anything about outfits in the next one, but seeing as quite a few people have been asking for it, perhaps in the one after...
Sorry, my post was in the wrong teaser. But we are anxious waiting for new teasers. Its good to know when it will be.
El Diablo
Tester
Character: El Diablo
Clan: Akai'Zhar

August 01, 2012, 09:55:47 PM

Rob wrote:
Socera boladaum wrote:
P.S. This teaser has been a long time coming. But expect the next one within the next 2-3 weeks
We're still waiting...

Please, make a teaser about outfits, addons and mounts
We gave you the So, what's left? teaser 9 days after this teaser. :P The next teaser will be later in August. There probably won't be anything about outfits in the next one, but seeing as quite a few people have been asking for it, perhaps in the one after...
Can we get any information around this area --> Will outfits work like Tibias or do you have plans to differentiate them? No specifics needed. I'm just curious. Tibia has a good system though grinding addon pieces let's face it, it's a bit tedious.
Till
Staff
Character: Till

August 02, 2012, 12:08:53 AM

So far it works like Tibias (if you wish to draw the comparison), though we haven't discussed addons yet and don't know whether we are going to have anything similar to that.
El Diablo
Tester
Character: El Diablo
Clan: Akai'Zhar

August 02, 2012, 01:17:47 AM

Till wrote:So far it works like Tibias (if you wish to draw the comparison), though we haven't discussed addons yet and don't know whether we are going to have anything similar to that.
Sounds okay, maybe you can purchase outfits? 1-3$? When your graphics artists have down time can do random outfits. They'd sell like mad probably. I'd buy some for sure.

Just ideas. Thanks for the information!
Turan Darkstar
Tester
Character: Darkstarz
Clan: Proud member of Ironfist.

August 02, 2012, 10:04:00 AM

I thinking Addons, should be awarded from special achievements, instead of grinding. Something like specialized group quests, or along those lines.
Agent Green
Tester
Character: Agent Green
Clan: Order of the Beetle

August 02, 2012, 05:12:06 PM

I would prefer being able to see my equipment on my character... but maybe that's just me.
Thor
The Old Dwarf
Character: Mezur Stonecutter
Clan: Dwarfhood

August 02, 2012, 05:37:51 PM

Agent Green wrote:I would prefer being able to see my equipment on my character... but maybe that's just me.
I'm pretty sure that won't happend, unfortunately..
Ricardo
Tester
Character: Ricardo

August 02, 2012, 06:19:54 PM

The outfit system should be more customizable, giving players the possibility of choosing each part of the outfit, helmet, head (facial hair), torax and pants, along with the skin color. This system in which one can chose between a small set of fixed outfits is horrible.
Tazmanian
Traveller
Character: Everlast

August 02, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

what would be cool if you could choose if your character would be thin or thick :)
knight legend
Tester

August 02, 2012, 06:48:33 PM

Different outfits, could also give u stats, different than the free outfits, but with a equivalent boosting power
Agent Green
Tester
Character: Agent Green
Clan: Order of the Beetle

August 02, 2012, 08:22:29 PM

Torbjørn wrote:
Agent Green wrote:I would prefer being able to see my equipment on my character... but maybe that's just me.
I'm pretty sure that won't happend, unfortunately..
Yea I understand the work load that would be involved as every EQ sprite would need another 4 sprites + animation. Just chain Andre to his computer until he has completed the task! :evil:
Redshrike
Staff
Character: Redshrike
Clan: The Order of the Beetle

August 06, 2012, 10:17:42 PM

Even if there isn't something like mix-'n-match or whatever, I imagine the feasibility of making a relatively large number of outfits isn't too bad. Of course, it's been a while since I did any outfits, and making the masks is a huge pain--but it's really not that bad animation-wise, anyway. But that's all Alenius's department, and I don't really know what's planned atm.
Sir Vitor
Tester
Character: Sir Vitor

August 07, 2012, 07:04:32 AM

The work of making those outfits would be worth it for sure. But only if it was possible to make some kind of 'masks' ( making every combination of equipments would be inviable of course ). But if you could manage to program something envolving "masks" that shows separately each kind of equipment ( helmet, armor, etc, kinda of how 3D games work ), it wouldn't be that much of work, and it would be totally worth it!
You should think on trying it, for sure!

EDIT:
I was thinking here, there is actually a way of making this, perhaps.
Those masks could be just like color masks are. But instead you would have a bigger area around the head, or envolving the breast, etc. But then every pixel of the mask you don't want to use (is not part of the equipment), you make it transparent. And when you remove the equipment, just make every pixel of the mask transparent. Not sure if viable, just an idea...
Tim
Staff

August 07, 2012, 12:10:01 PM

I actually started working on something like this.. but!

Every piece of eq requires 3 frames per animation in 4 directions, that's 12 sprites per eq. We have well over 100 eq pieces (not counting weapons), that's 1200 new sprites we would have to make.

Weapons is even more annoying to make considering you have to change them so much when the character is moving and they get so much smaller on the character than in the original image.