- Auto-casting of aimed abilities (option in Controls>Gameplay). When this is enabled you just need to hover your mouse over the target and press the hotkey.
- Client now remembers which global chat windows (World, Trade, Help) you had open and reopens them
- Friends list now alphabetically reorders list when a new friend is added
- Friends list now allows you to hide offline friends (option in Controls>Gameplay)
- Friends list now allows you to open conversations by left-clicking an online friend
- When increasing Wisdom the notification message now correctly states this
- Increased size of spell list
- Spell description popups now auto-resize correctly
- Fire Fist icon changed
- Choice of Page/Apprentice no longer affects ability options for hybrid classes
The latest news, updates and information on the ongoing development of Phobos.
- Various changes made to the skill learning formulas. Your current character skill levels will not be affected by this.
- The combined effect of these changes will have the following effects on skill learning rates:
- Citizen - Minor increase in low-end (all).
- Page - Minor reduction in low-end physical learning. Slight increase in mid/high-end learning (all).
- Apprentice - Minor reduction in low-end magic learning. Slight increase in mid/high-end learning (all).
- Knight - Minor reduction in low-end physical learning. Minor increase in high-end learning (all, except daggers).
- Marksman - Major increase in high-end archery and firearm learning. Moderate increase in throwing learning.
- Rogue - Moderate increase in dagger and throwing learning. Minor increase in high-end defence learning.
- Ranger - Minor reduction in low-end nature and support learning. Minor increase in high-end archery learning.
- Cleric - Minor reduction in magic learning.
- Shaman - Moderate increase in high-end nature and support magic learning.
- Wizard - Moderate increase in high-end destruction magic learning.
- Sorcerer - Moderate increase in high-end nature and destruction magic learning.
- Condemn ability will now do slightly less damage
- Condemn ability now has a hard damage cap of 500
- Condemn spell scroll icon updated
- Virulence damage timers reduced so that damage is done more quickly (and ability duration is reduced)
- Fixed Shaman outfit bug when facing/walking west
- Mountain Troll level increased from 43 to 45
- Various minor map fixes
- Human 'quest corpses' are now unmovable (in fact, so are most other human map-placed corpses; consider this 'stage 1')
- Fixed bug relating to rendering of alpha-transparency
- Monster levels are now displayed ingame by 'looking at' characters
- There is now an option to highlight the current target(s) more clearly with a circle (Settings > Controls > Gameplay > Show targeting circle)
- Smart-casting bug fix
- Stacking/container bug fix
- Support for limiting ability target range (not used by any old abilities yet)
- Various minor 'quality of life' changes for new players in Timar
- Minor increase to some low level monster levels
- Minor increase to some low level monster experience
- Minor adjustments to low level monster health stats
- Minor adjustments to low level monster defence stats
- Wirathistle corpse loot slot count increased from 6 to 9
- Heal Other ability will now also heal the caster a small amount
- Heal Other ability now gives a minor movement speed increase to both caster and target
- Heal Other ability renamed to "Restoration"
- New Ability: Smite (Cleric) - A single strike of great force upon a single target within a radius of 2 sqm, with a lesser effect on squares adjacent to that target. The caster is healed 15% of all damage inflicted. [Cooldown: 18s]
- Multitarget system fixes which should make it clearer when multiple targets are selected (via multishot ability). It should also fix the bug with monsters appearing to be targeted before the player sees them (let us know if you still experience this).
- Adjusted some of the text colours used by damage, healing and potion HP/MP regeneration (poison damage is now given in green text, for example).
- Added support for physical damage over time effects (bleeding)
- Added support for fire damage over time effects
- New Ability: Flurry (Rogue) - Auto-attack delay is reduced to 33% for the next 3 auto-attacks made within 4s. If 3 auto-attacks are made by the caster during this time, the 3rd will deal bonus damage equal to the average damage from the first two hits.
- New Ability: Disembowel (Rogue) - Instant melee damage plus a big bleed effect
- New Ability: Barbarous Throw (Rogue) - Deals instant ranged damage, slows target movement speed (-30%) for 2s, and then causes moderate bleeding on removal of the slow. [Cooldown: 15s]
- New Ability: Volley (Marksman) - A volley of arrows fired at the same time; each arrow lands on a different square on and around the selected target.
- New Ability: Tracker's Mark (Ranger) - Imbue a projectile with slow-acting magical damage which is minor but afflicts a single target for 120s; allowing that target to be tracked over long distances.
- New Ability: Barkskin (Ranger) - 20-35% (based on wisdom & protection skill) reduced incoming damage for 7s.
- YES I KNOW WE NEED MORE ABILITY ICONS I AM SORRY NOW LEAVE ME ALONE
- Acute Frenzy attack speed bonus increased from 10% to 16%
- Acute Frenzy duration reduced from 10s to 7s
- Fury damage buff now directly boosts melee damage dealt (instead of strength)
- Fury defence debuff now affects shielding value with a 60% reduction, instead of the flat 25% across all defence
- Fury instant cost reduced from 75MP to 40MP (ability will still drain MP/s)
- Protectorate graphic updated
- Volent Brod graphic updated
- Quagwyrm graphic updated
- Lucenfly corpse updated
- Hand axe sprite updated (woo!)
- Fixed bug relating to monster poison damage
- Minor adjustments to ability prices
- Various minor map bug fixes
Sorry that Phobos has been preventing you from moving on with your lifeknight legend wrote:the project has died, its ok, we can move on with our lives now, maybe some of them got the experience needed to make video games for other companies, there is surely some talent here
We're still working. But yes, we aren't getting updates out much quicker in our old age than we did 10 years ago.
I am currently working full-time to get an update ready. And that will be released sometime after June 9th. We have to put updates out on weekends when certain staff members can be available for the whole weekend to deal with any issues. So it will essentially be the first weekend that we can do.