It is currently October 17, 2017, 07:39:03 PM

Stronger ammunition/damage? 
Tester

Post Stronger ammunition/damage?
Hello.

Both arrows & bolts are currently having an amount of 15 attack,
which is actually pretty damn low, for a shooting vocation.

21:51 100 arrows: attack 15, weight 800 g.
21:51 100 quarrels: attack 15, weight 1.2 kg.

I've played for 3 weeks, and I'm currently level 32 ranger, with 45 archery, & 50 dexerity and using a crossbow, which has 41 attack, and some how, my middle damage is around 1 - 30, depending on what monsters i'm hunting. Zombie Plaguesmith seem to be the only creature, where i actually hits 50+ (if i'm lucky enough, which is pretty amazing) So, my question here, is following.

Will there be any new bolts/arrows introduced into the game anytime soon, with a little bit higher damage ratings, for harder hits, and more damage done to creatures? Because at the moment, i feel like the damage is a little bit low to be honest.

Also, will the damage to melee fighters be exalted with time aswell?
Got the same thing on my 23 knight. The damage seem is low overall. Most damage done to creatures, on both my ranger and Knight, seem to be done by spells? Is that anything that will be solved with time? or?

Thanks!

Yours
Fladish Godlike. :twisted:

September 01, 2017, 08:44:44 PM
Tester

Post Re: Stronger ammunition/damage?
I feel the same thing melee/dist dmg is WAY to low :(

i mean knight/warrior isnt supposed to be needed to use spells to be able to kill stuff ^^

September 01, 2017, 08:57:33 PM
Tester

Agreed! Knight, has always been a strong vocation, aswell as paladin/rangers.
Paladin alike vocations, has basically always, been a solo man vocation, and the greatest vocation, for money making. But i feel like, with this low damage rate, and high creature damage towards myself, using a crossbow, and not being able to outrun the creatures, makes me loose, way to much potions, and time on killing the amount of one creature.

September 01, 2017, 09:02:06 PM
Tester

Character: Big Slug
Clan: Dwarven Order
That's because they're making Phobos an ability heavy game. Majority of class abilities haven't been added yet, so only the hybrid classes are doing good damage right now. Knights and Marksman will have different attacks that do much more damage eventually.

Edit: Said Ranger instead of Marksman

Last edited by Lucal Deths on September 07, 2017, 12:24:27 AM, edited 1 time in total.

September 04, 2017, 07:10:33 PM
Tester

Ranger actuly has plenty spells to use maybe u ment markman? ^^

what we are saying is the ranged/melee dmg arrows bolts etc is doing waaay to less dmg!

i mean whats the point with a 2handed of 70+ dmg when u hit 20+ at max? ^^ yes with the spell its 200 or so but the normal hit would be alot better with more dmg

September 05, 2017, 03:44:09 PM
Tester

I can buy the thing you said, about "That's because they're making Phobos an ability heavy game." BUT, whats the reason to have all this different vocations, if they're not about, what they're actually made to be doing? I mean etc, you dont see Legolas in the story of the ring, shoot swords out of his fingers, to do magical damage.

Marksman/Ranger, is all about the priority of the damage, done to their attacks, not their magical skills. Or am i wrong at it? I do not mean, to start anything negative with this answer, nor the post that has been done, so please do not get me wrong. Even tho, it might seem a littlebit cocky & ignorant.

But maybe, like, highering the attack damage,a little bit for certain vocations, and also maybe introduce a littlebit better ammunition for this vocations?
I mean, 15 damage attack, which is the highest, for a ranger using bow/crossbow, is a little bit to low.

Thanks for your time!

Your's
Fladish Godlike

September 07, 2017, 04:13:42 PM