It is currently September 23, 2018, 09:07:47 PM

Some ideas 
Newcomer

Post Some ideas
First of all, I believe I've seen there wont be a minimap in Phobos, and I think you guys have made an excellent choice there.
Well, I'm proposing that there shouldn't be a find person spell at all, not even a minor one. That would help roleplaying a lot, you'd have to ask in world chat has anyone seen [INSERT NAME HERE] around the weapon shop.

There also shouldn't be any kind of a pk mark (in tibia it was the infamous "skull system")

And one more thing:
If you got hit by a sword, you could receive a bleeding status, which would cause you to lose minor hp over time, and could heal with a bandage or something, that's up to you guys.

If you hit someone with an axe, you'd have a 10% chance of piercing your enemies armor.

And if you hit someone with a club, you'd have a 5% chance of stunning it for 3 seconds, only being able to heal with magic or magic items, but that's up to you.

//Zephyris

November 22, 2007, 12:42:27 PM
Staff

Character: Till
Post Re: Some ideas
Hehe I like the idea of the weapons' ability to do more than just dmg :)

November 22, 2007, 05:29:44 PM
Staff

I'd have to disagree about the find person thing; I don't think that the idea of a 'world chat' is in line with ropleplaying at all (though it's necessary) :P

Though I agree there definately shouldn't be any sort of PK mark.

We were considering something similar to your last suggestion with certain feats more likely to cause effects such as stunning. But there's still lots to sort out with that, so thanks for your ideas on it :)

November 22, 2007, 05:53:18 PM
Staff

Character: Jason
Clan: Ironfist
Why not something that just states what AREA he is in? (EX: Timar Valley)

It's not precise, and still gives room to explore..

November 22, 2007, 09:18:37 PM
Tester

Clan: Order of the Beetle
We've already had a thread about "find person" somewhere else that you should really read through. I'm not sure how big our map is exactly going to be but as we're aiming for the top, there's a good chance it will be at least as big as Tibias, if not even bigger.

Example without any find person ability(Tibia):

You just got pked by X who quickly slayed you while you couldn't react because he appeared out of nowhere, it all happened in PoH. Having recovered from your faint(your residence is Thais), you prepare to slay your tormentor who has in the meantime gone to the dwarf mines to the west of Kazordoon. (Of course you're not aware of that!)

Enforcing roleplaying and in all your determination(you know that you're able to beat him), you are now about to find him.

First thing you do is to ask in the world chat: "Has anybody seen X?"
If he is really down the dwarf mines or even hiding somewhere else, you can be 99% sure that nobody has seen him. If you're lucky and the 1% paid off, the one who saw him is just hunting and not caring about the world chat at the moment.

Now you're standing without any information in Thais, having in mind to slay the PK. Where is he? Edron? Ab? Kaz? Is he at a town or hunting? Is he hiding somewhere? Is he? <continue that 100x>

It is simple: You're not going to find him. Until you have gone through all the sqm of whole Tibia, weeks pass and the victim has most likely logged out.

As you can read over at the other thread, find person is a must.

November 23, 2007, 10:39:02 PM
Staff

Character: Till
Totally agreed with Seppi. Funny thing is, if you ask for him in world chat you can be sure your victim reads it, too and will react quickly if someone else in the world chat tells you where he is ;)

November 24, 2007, 10:26:23 AM