It is currently November 18, 2018, 10:21:54 PM

More loss when dying 
Traveller

Character: Khoda
Post More loss when dying
I'm sorry if I've made too many threads but these proposals just keep popping up in my head =[[ Anyways,

Right now I'd say the death penalty is too soft. I went to Trows and explored the whole place, I kept dying but that didn't stop me, I didn't care basically. If I'd however like, lose my backpack or a piece of eq I would stay away from that place until I'm strong enough. Also if there's a war, the war would never end if the participants stayed at the same level and had the same supplies. I'm not saying make it like Tibia, I'm just saying make it rough, if I die I expect to lose like 5% of my exp or so at least, and one piece of eq or bp if I'm unlucky. And ppl loot my body and i get sad panda and i msg they and act noob ;/ and they pa me and i go crycutwrist

Thanks,

January 14, 2008, 09:06:40 AM
Tester

Character: Fawenah
Clan: Dwarfhood
Post Re: More loss when dying
I think you are going to lose some piece of equipment when you die on the official release, I'm not sure though.

Member of the Phobos community since 2005
Currently on hiatus

"Mind what people do, not only what they say, for deeds will betray a lie."

January 14, 2008, 04:01:27 PM
Tester

Character: Leech
Clan: Not Member of a Guild yet
Hmm, I think the same thing... for me this changes could be accepted.

Cya

Leech.

January 14, 2008, 04:01:59 PM
Tester

That's quite obvious, since players would abuse it after gaining a full level:

Ding lvl 30.
Die.
Respawn in my hometown without loseing the level nor equipment.

Etc.

January 14, 2008, 04:32:10 PM
Traveller

Character: Thunderboy
Clan: Akai'Zhar
you say that because you don't died two times in level 20 when you was needing 20% and 30% to level up, i think its fine to me, lose equips or level is the bad from the "other game" i don't want it in phobos =/.

January 14, 2008, 04:57:43 PM
Tester

I want item AND exp loss at death, just not insanely high.
Maybe a 3% chance of dropping your items (including a 3% on your backpack), and 3-4% on experience.

Edit; Its totally fine without, too.. but might be abused..

plus five times eleven,
equals nine squared and not a bit more.

Last edited by Stian on January 14, 2008, 05:25:30 PM, edited 1 time in total.

January 14, 2008, 05:13:30 PM
Traveller

Character: Thunderboy
Clan: Akai'Zhar
Man in the other games like lineage when we die we lose like nothing of the xp and don't lose a item except if you are pk, why here it need to be diferent loosing like 2 levels and a bp when die?

January 14, 2008, 05:23:56 PM
Traveller

Character: Khoda
@Thunder, why is lineage 3D and Phobos 2D? Things are different because it's not the same game.+ In Tibia I've died and lost more levels than you've probably gained in your life time, still that makes Tibia what it is, and I think Phobos should give you the same thrill when hunting.

Hope this changed ur mindzorzd

January 14, 2008, 05:35:46 PM
Staff

Character: Jason
Clan: Ironfist
Our death system will be a tad bit more complicated then just dieing then respawning, it will have some twists and new aspects that you have probably never seen before.. which is why we currently have a bland system, the new one is kinda hard to make :yes:

January 15, 2008, 07:42:55 AM
Tester

Jason wrote:
Our death system will be a tad bit more complicated then just dieing then respawning, it will have some twists and new aspects that you have probably never seen before.. which is why we currently have a bland system, the new one is kinda hard to make :yes:

After your death you spawn in some kind of sewers where you fight walking mushrooms all the way to the heaven level where you gotta find mushroom that gives you '1-up' thingie and then save Peach? Oh, wait, that was Mario... xD

January 19, 2008, 07:53:51 PM
Newcomer

Character: Naachos
Clan: The secret Cult of Fire
Hegemon wrote:
Jason wrote:

After your death you spawn in some kind of sewers where you fight walking mushrooms all the way to the heaven level where you gotta find mushroom that gives you '1-up' thingie and then save Peach? Oh, wait, that was Mario... xD

Like you speak to a "guido" and try to reclaim your life? :!:
To me some1 may have hacked some1 else and just trying to kill himself over and over again until he is lvl 1 again.
just to be "funny" or mean.....

so wouldnt that be a good idea?

January 20, 2008, 05:47:22 PM
Tester

Naachos wrote:
To me some1 may have hacked some1 else and just trying to kill himself over and over again until he is lvl 1 again.

Hum, that's a good point. There should be something to prevent such 'rooking' actions ;S
How about lowering the death penalty with each next death in some short period of time?

For example player dies once at the day X and loses 15% exp. Shortly after that sad event he dies again and loses 13%, next time 11% all the way to 1%. After that he only loses 1% exp with each death. The next day, day Y, he'd start to lose 15% again. That would be fair since he died many times and lost a lot of exp (50% in this case) but he didn't lose ALL the exp.

It would give players some time to retrive stolen account aswell as preventing them from losing bigass loads of exp (happened to me once in Tibia and was pretty frustrating).

Combaining it with the PIN code in Depots would give alot of protection for our security.

January 21, 2008, 04:24:43 PM
Tester

Hegemon wrote:
Naachos wrote:

Hum, that's a good point. There should be something to prevent such 'rooking' actions ;S
How about lowering the death penalty with each next death in some short period of time?

For example player dies once at the day X and loses 15% exp. Shortly after that sad event he dies again and loses 13%, next time 11% all the way to 1%. After that he only loses 1% exp with each death. The next day, day Y, he'd start to lose 15% again. That would be fair since he died many times and lost a lot of exp (50% in this case) but he didn't lose ALL the exp.

It would give players some time to retrive stolen account aswell as preventing them from losing bigass loads of exp (happened to me once in Tibia and was pretty frustrating).

Combaining it with the PIN code in Depots would give alot of protection for our security.

You do know that percentage doesn't add up like that, right? ;)
But I get your point, and if you could get a balance there somewhere it could be quite good.
But then again, what about wars? when a guy dies acouple of times, then he could almost be free to just run straight back out on the battlefield without that much fear of a great loss (more than the initial loss).

Currently on hiatus

January 21, 2008, 06:57:21 PM
Tester

Fawenah wrote:

Hah, should be 'more than 50%' xD My bad.

Quote:
But I get your point, and if you could get a balance there somewhere it could be quite good.
But then again, what about wars? when a guy dies acouple of times, then he could almost be free to just run straight back out on the battlefield without that much fear of a great loss (more than the initial loss).

It could differ in case of wars / bad reputation (if there is going to be such thing) or pking.
It wouldn't be hard to do if there was some official way to declare war (already proposed I guess) via guild panel.

January 21, 2008, 08:27:50 PM
Tester

Hegemon wrote:
Fawenah wrote:

Hah, should be 'more than 50%' xD My bad.

Actualy, try first taking 15% from a 1000, that's 850, then take 13% from that, and you'll end up with 739.5, and then again remove 11% and you'll have 658.155, and then the big jump to 1% 651.57345, and that's about 65% of the original 1000.

and yes I know there is a easier way to do this, but like this it's easier to show

Currently on hiatus

January 21, 2008, 08:38:39 PM