It is currently September 23, 2018, 09:46:36 PM

Traps in the game, and other things !!!!!!!! [READ] 
Newcomer

Character: Hastilian
Clan: Caca
Post Traps in the game, and other things !!!!!!!! [READ]
Traps in the game

(While navigating a particularly rocky patch of ground, the Ravistian heard the strange sound he put his weight onto the loose rock.

Ravistian made the dexterity check with the difficulty of 11. . . and rolled 12

Sensing danger, he Sprang forward and somersaulted out of the way the large Spikes shot up from between the stones. The person who laid this trap Devious must have known he would be coming! )

NOTE: The above test shows a kind of trap game of Dungeons and Dragon Tiny adventures found in FaceBook. As its importance and need for leaving the game more fun.

Before beginning the post would like you to look up this image, which comes from start to the head of you?

Traps, that's right, traps is what we see in online games today. We can build many traps when we are playing an RPG of book, most particularly never saw a game online with a number of traps or puzzles to decipher.

Usually the amount of puzzle games in which we see is more games to video games than online games. But as I see that Phobos is a kind of online game where only going to be facing only and exclusively for the RPG would like to talk about it.

Starting the ideas:

For example imagine that the players are in a room, like a 7x3 matrix (Phobos And once the work is not) where every second, not visibly for the player, it randomly in each square as a kind of button where any moment can be turned on and turned a trap.

Well there can be chosen the type of trap that may have in this room located on a possible tomb, the guys might be, arrows or bolts being fired, balls of fire scraping the bottom of the ear of adventurers, or balls of ice freeze by doing some moments, or even open trapdoors of snakes that falls sliding, or also heads in the form of statues with open mouths and dropping cutting discs.

I will not go into details about the damage, then you and who can decide about it.

Not so exciting thinking? if they have followed my idea Clearly views that do not have online games with those kinds of things.

Turning to the types of traps, also has the Classic is that such a book to be on top of a button which is taken from that book when the media or any other object (Imagine here, there are also other things besides books) is an activated button where the doors are locked automatically and is a time to riddle. In that instant, the room starts to fill the water making the adventurer become more desperate.

More players are finding much appeal to those traps and are dying too, as we find out about these traps?

Simple as any action movie is through books, there will be described and given some kind of hint that can be found at a particular location can have a trap.

Type eg a tomb of a king who liked snakes ... , The course is poisoned arrows with poison. More or less something of that sort.

Well this is my basic idea about traps, I advise you to see the movies Dungeons and Dragon both films, or see in books of RPG.

Other ideas to increase the Phobos:

Because Phobos is an RPG so we can not miss these details, for example when it is clicked with the right mouse button appears a screen where you have an option where the player can select and appear for example a text box where it can tell the story of his life and character? It would be like a form of a character which can be described the history of activity that character?

Another thing would be more describe certain things, rather than putting it only when it is seen a particular item or object as in the case of the river, "You can see a river," could put something like: "You can see a clear river and Crystalline where the sun beats and can see fish swimming freely "

More or less that the more detailed things.

Additional Bonus ++++++

What a coincidence already played Ultima The Black Gate? Has anyone seen as filling the power sleeping? A great idea for Phobos.

See pictures below even homes can use for energy fill the character.

A picture is worth a thousand words more .

Thanks for reading my post and my ideas, the more that I could not resist the flash back to last and get him some ideas

November 26, 2008, 12:28:42 AM
Tester

Character: Socera boladaum
Clan: Brotherhood Ruthless
Post Re: Traps in the game, and other things !!!!!!!! [READ]
Very nice Ideas! :D

Would be really nice enter in a Castle and get trapped in a room. And to leave it you should find something in that room in 10 minutes or you would die xD

I was the Eggman. Now i'm the walrus!

November 26, 2008, 03:19:20 AM
Staff

Character: Till
I am not quite sure about the traps. It sounds strange, but would surely add some more tension to difficult quests, however I wouldn't exaggerate their usage. I mean, not every single quest or room in a castle should be filled with suddenly opening pits full of deadly spikes or poisoned arrows coming from small holes in a wall. And I think complicated things like a huge, rolling stone that is about to crush the player or a room filling with water is impossible in Phobos.

I didn't get the second idea to be honest. What do you mean with the history of the character when rightclicking on him? You mean small statistics about the player should appear or a really huge thing describing him in some sort of roleplay bios? I think the statistics would be possible, but I would prefer offering the possibility to access them via the website and not the game. That was already discussed somewhere. A roleplay bios would be just too long and the player would have to write it himself. You can do that if you want in this thread.

About the detailed descriptions of things... I think that is simply useless. Maybe in a MUD without graphics ;) Whatsoever special items such as a rare sword will have special descriptions. But not everyday scenery like trees or rivers.

Sleeping to regain energy? Not bad, however I am afraid that some restrictions should be made here. People should not be able to go to bed for let's say one minute and wake up again with full health. There should be something like a formula for sleeping. Maybe
  • Lv. 01 - 10
    • 1 minute of sleep = 2% of Health
    • 50 minutes of sleep = 100%
  • Lv. 11 - 25
    • 1 minute of sleep = 0,5% of Health
    • 200 minutes of sleep = 100%
  • You get the point. These values should even be less than that. Maybe 0,5% for Lv. 1 - 10.

November 26, 2008, 09:06:25 AM
Newcomer

Phineas wrote:
I am not quite sure about the traps. It sounds strange, but would surely add some more tension to difficult quests, however I wouldn't exaggerate their usage. I mean, not every single quest or room in a castle should be filled with suddenly opening pits full of deadly spikes or poisoned arrows coming from small holes in a wall. And I think complicated things like a huge, rolling stone that is about to crush the player or a room filling with water is impossible in Phobos.

I didn't get the second idea to be honest. What do you mean with the history of the character when rightclicking on him? You mean small statistics about the player should appear or a really huge thing describing him in some sort of roleplay bios? I think the statistics would be possible, but I would prefer offering the possibility to access them via the website and not the game. That was already discussed somewhere. A roleplay bios would be just too long and the player would have to write it himself. You can do that if you want in this thread.

About the detailed descriptions of things... I think that is simply useless. Maybe in a MUD without graphics ;) Whatsoever special items such as a rare sword will have special descriptions. But not everyday scenery like trees or rivers.

Sleeping to regain energy? Not bad, however I am afraid that some restrictions should be made here. People should not be able to go to bed for let's say one minute and wake up again with full health. There should be something like a formula for sleeping. Maybe
  • Lv. 01 - 10
    • 1 minute of sleep = 2% of Health
    • 50 minutes of sleep = 100%
  • Lv. 11 - 25
    • 1 minute of sleep = 0,5% of Health
    • 200 minutes of sleep = 100%
  • You get the point. These values should even be less than that. Maybe 0,5% for Lv. 1 - 10.

Well come on in pieces, on sheets of character which explains the life of that character in terms agree with you, but it is a double-edged sword when it comes to plug the character, because we already have experience with Tibia, when the community grow (See Tibia) anyone entering the site you will be reading the sheet of characters (in this case the story of his life), thus leaving the weakened character is only a common character and no soul.

However a solution that is just think you can describe the character of the site, (his life), but for example when you click on your friend with the right mouse button on top of his character, a link will appear (Something in my writing as "Chip's character") which redirects to get that part of the description, type a link from within the game calling the browser sternum.

That kind of thing we can see in the game Second Life, where you click on top of the character and appears within a browser, clearer in Phobos could call the firefox or IE.

As the traps agree that you can not play anywhere, it might sound weird to you because they typically do not see these things in online games. And woe be the great move of Phobos whether to differentiate from other games is not just a set of common rpg.

See more and you can not just put in places of quests, as it would be too obvious a player to join the pieces and find as soon as there is question. He found a trap so the player will see it as a quest. Of course it will be too easy, then put in such a place of hunting, or on a quest, or maybe something else is perhaps in the case.

As for laptop bed in the final he has a designed life span, that is, the player can use a certain amount of times you recover the energy sleeping. Example 3 times can I use this laptop bed and then some of it 3 times and see a message such as "The laptop tore his bed."

As the beds in homes can be used a certain amount of times a day and about a length on average, (Let's assume that you did this table). Example a player can use the beds from inside the house 3 times a day, if the player passes of 3 times daily, will receive the following message "The owner of the house came and expelled you from his house," perhaps something of that kind .

I will look at some videos of games on youtube traps, have games such as Neverwinter Nights is to put traps champion, has a lot of traps. Another game that once saw on traps was a game for GBA Baldur Gates, also came at the end using emulator.

In my head I think about traps as follows, if a player turned a trap such as those of flying arrows, it will stay until the next server save, unless you put a puzzle as a key to shut down this trap.

About a room full of water, it may be possible, because they look good is a question of entertainment, and something like or be filled with water or be empty this room, where there is a puzzle where you have off and that can empty the room of water.

One example using that mechanism would be the Resident Evil 1

November 26, 2008, 03:54:23 PM
Tester

Character: Nero
Clan: Brotherhood Ruthless
I dont have an opinion about that... reading yours :confused:

November 26, 2008, 04:50:31 PM
Newcomer

Well here's some traps that you can place on the Phobos or not. I know it will require a lot of graphic design, more perhaps in the end is rewarding. I would like a look at videos.

Lunia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s8sZGpGgj0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2NHvdZP4ZE

Lunia shows they drift in the snow as they drift from the rocks probably give you get the benefit of something

Neverwinter nights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC1joFhlBg8

In the game Neverwinter Nights shows some traps that are in the floor such as a port of entry, the character instantly step in the trap and leaving it with active weakening of damage and if I am not mistaken leaving him too slow.

Note the part where you have a kind of play Watersports, despite the fact that the guy wearing t seem to cheat, most see the type of trap that are lit with red and flashing.

Maybe something in such Phobos fall well.

Baldur gates

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=17z8ue&s=4

Here you give to see the famous balls of fire flying the heads of statues.

Here you can for example, exit arrows or bolts, perhaps a ball of ice or ball of acid, there goes the imagination of you.

NOTE: Baldur Gates I did the video and show host for the type of trap that is possible.

November 26, 2008, 06:25:39 PM