It is currently October 18, 2017, 08:37:21 AM

EvE Interaction 
Tester

Character: Fawenah
Clan: Dwarfhood
Post EvE Interaction
Well, it's a short and simple sugestion, but that doesn't mean it's a small thing!

EvE, short for Environment vs. Environment, basicly meaning that not only will monsters attack YOU but they might get intrested in other stuff aswell.
Perhaps a Wolf will see a tasty rabbit getting close to it, or a dog finaly gets fed up with the damn hen that keeps clucking in it's ear.
Or perhaps a lone, or a group of elves get lost and end up encountering a group of orcs.

This can either be made very simple, monsters just attacking eachother if they encounter one other randomly, or perhaps a group of elves suddenly decides to raid a orc camp.

Kind regards, Faw~

Member of the Phobos community since 2005
Currently on hiatus

"Mind what people do, not only what they say, for deeds will betray a lie."

January 11, 2009, 03:21:30 PM
Tester

Clan: Order of the Beetle
Post Re: EvE Interaction
I like that too, especially in Gothic 3 - problem is just how to make that work in a reasonable and proper way, because in a MMORPG, every monster is controlled by the server - non-stop, meaning as soon as the monsters would spawn next to each other, the weaker one would die and unless you're next to them, you're most likely not going to ever see what has happened there. In a singleplayer RPG, this is easy to do as monsters and generally almost all environment is only calculated once you're near.

January 11, 2009, 04:14:18 PM
The Old Dwarf

Character: Mezur Stonecutter
I really like the idea :)
But as KS said it could be difficult (Robbert or Zarat?). However, shouldn't it be possible to make the monsters only interact with each other IF a player is near by? (lets say like 1 "screen" away?)

January 11, 2009, 04:22:30 PM
Tester

Clan: Order of the Beetle
A monster is looking for a victim all the time, if there's none nearby it idles. I'm sure there could be a way to let it attack other envinronment only if a player is near, but then again when a player is near, it already got the player as target as he is the one giving the sign to search for environment, if you know what I mean. Doesn't sound impossible to do though.

January 11, 2009, 07:32:13 PM
Tester

Character: Fawenah
Well what I'd want would be that a random generator generate some number or whatever when a player "gets in range" so to speak to decide if it should attack the player (more likely) or another mob, and then it should change target to the player in the same way it decides what player to attack.
And into this a "rare" (depending on creatures) random number could be added for when a player isn't close

And then some monsters should throw raids, let's stick to the elf raiding orcs example, whenever a random number is hit.
The way I would imagine it working (the later raid part) would be having the server doing a random (1-100'000) every second or something (values can differ to give a good probablility) and let's say when the number 7 get's up a group of elves would spawn near a orc camp with a high probablility to attack the orcs and vice versa.
And when let's say the number 10'012 pops up a orc raid is thrown agains a player populated town.

I do realise that this would require to have more than one set of the same mob...I think...but with different probablility values.

Anyhow as I feel now I feel like this is one of the few things that could realy make this game stand out and feel more dynamic than other games in the same genre and style, as you can never realy be safe, whereever you are. (kinda)

Kind regards, Faw~

Member of the Phobos community since 2005
Currently on hiatus

"Mind what people do, not only what they say, for deeds will betray a lie."

January 11, 2009, 08:44:23 PM
Tester

Character: Sparksman
Clan: Akai'zhar
It's a great idea, yeah
you got my support

firmed

January 14, 2009, 11:23:07 PM
Tester

Will the future implements in AI include this?

Let's socialize, join the Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/phoboschat

April 17, 2013, 06:31:56 AM
Newcomer

wouldn't It be possible, to just add some invisible object to the map, lets just say an invisible character, as an example. that no one else can see except the monsters, however the monsters cant attack the invisible character, Its just there to make the monsters walk around and interact with the Environment etc.

I hope you get what Im saying XD hard to explain

April 19, 2013, 05:53:12 PM
Tester

Character: El Diablo
Clan: Akai'Zhar
Torbjørn wrote:
I really like the idea :)
But as KS said it could be difficult (Robbert or Zarat?). However, shouldn't it be possible to make the monsters only interact with each other IF a player is near by? (lets say like 1 "screen" away?)

This is very possible, Brabexia OT's did it very well. I have faith in yall. This could even sport Monster arena gambling!

17:13 Dfgdfd has been banned due to being a stupid noob.
20:42 Lolgm has been banned due to being a asswhipe :S.

April 19, 2013, 07:47:08 PM
Tester

The idea is so cool,
What about to find a group of dwarfs who are looking for a lost treasure on and old mountain , so you can speak to them and got the chance to join this quest?
:twisted:

May 27, 2015, 04:21:17 PM
Tester

bloodydrain wrote:
wouldn't It be possible, to just add some invisible object to the map, lets just say an invisible character, as an example. that no one else can see except the monsters, however the monsters cant attack the invisible character, Its just there to make the monsters walk around and interact with the Environment etc.

I hope you get what Im saying XD hard to explain

I really liked that idea hat idea of the invisible character, that if you kill the monster you can't tell where the invisible character is

We're not against printing. We're against wasting resources.

We don't want to stop people printing. We simply think that sometimes, people, and not everyone, need reminding that wasting paper, ink and toner doesn't make economic or environmental sense.

December 23, 2015, 06:59:58 AM