Yay! 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Neigh! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Outfits/Expenditures 
Tester

Character: El Diablo
Clan: Akai'Zhar
Post Outfits/Expenditures
Alrighty, I know I already posted this. I did not get a response and I know the staff sees all and takes all into consideration. I just want a response.

I'll paraphrase the original quote on over here:
Drawnraven wrote:
Till wrote:
So far it works like Tibias (if you wish to draw the comparison), though we haven't discussed addons yet and don't know whether we are going to have anything similar to that.

That sounds okay. Maybe we can have the option to purchase outfits? They could be sold for 1-??$? They never need to be thought of as important as they won't need to give stats. When your graphics artists have some down time can do random outfits to express themselves if they enjoy them. They'd sell like mad from what I've seen. I myself would buy some for sure.

That's just an idea. Thanks for the information!

(The quote is edited so I don't sound too dumb. If you would like to see me be grammatically incorrect feel free to go find the original post.)

Staff, would you offer options such as this? How about other small things which do not effect game play? I enjoy it from League and there is proof of success on these types of things.

Players, do you enjoy these things? Do you have better ideas? I'm down for a discussion.

17:13 Dfgdfd has been banned due to being a stupid noob.
20:42 Lolgm has been banned due to being a asswhipe :S.

August 07, 2012, 05:54:39 AM
Tester

Character: Sir Vitor
Post Re: Outfits/Expenditures
I stated this before somwhere. This is the best way to get money & stabilish good game balance at the same time. League of Legends is a perfect example as you said, that company makes shit load of money but when you come to the game you see there is absolutely no real advantage in-game if you spend money there, it is just awesome to be equal to equal to anyone, even if they are rich!
I think Myth should aim on making stuff like that: attractive but at the same time not powerful in the game.
There are known stuff that are already like that, for example: Houses, new outfits, guilds, etc.
But you could try to elaborate more stuff like that, and by that you can make no special spells, areas, etc (stuff that gives too much of advantage).

August 07, 2012, 06:40:16 AM
Tester

Character: Havy Glory
Clan: Brotherhood Ruthless
i like the riot system and gem store

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store

August 07, 2012, 12:43:42 PM
The Old Dwarf

Character: Mezur Stonecutter
Clan: Dwarfhood
We've recently started a discussion on microtransactions, so there won't be any final answer on this topic at the moment.

August 07, 2012, 01:37:40 PM
Tester

Sir Vitor wrote:
I stated this before somwhere. This is the best way to get money & stabilish good game balance at the same time. League of Legends is a perfect example as you said, that company makes shit load of money but when you come to the game you see there is absolutely no real advantage in-game if you spend money there, it is just awesome to be equal to equal to anyone, even if they are rich!
I think Myth should aim on making stuff like that: attractive but at the same time not powerful in the game.
There are known stuff that are already like that, for example: Houses, new outfits, guilds, etc.
But you could try to elaborate more stuff like that, and by that you can make no special spells, areas, etc (stuff that gives too much of advantage).

You know, I had not even thought about the Housing, that's a feature already there. I love that too. Guilds I honestly hope are free as they are an important community builder in MMO's.
Spells could also be done. They could make spells that just do cool animations or designs when cast to entertain people.

The only limit to micro-transactions is imagination.

havy wrote:
i like the riot system and gem store

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store

I do too! :)

Torbjørn wrote:
We've recently started a discussion on microtransactions, so there won't be any final answer on this topic at the moment.

That's a shame, hopefully we will have an answer soon enough. Maybe some minor alpha discussion information could be dropped onto us. Of course alpha information is subject to change!

Thanks for the information though again!
P.S, polls are broken?

August 07, 2012, 05:13:01 PM
Tester

Character: Stinking Hippy
Clan: Order of the Beetle
It is a way for them to make more money without causing problems in the game, I don't mind either way as I probably wont buy any

August 07, 2012, 07:17:38 PM
Tester

I like that it doesn't bother you. :) Thanks for your feedback

August 08, 2012, 05:29:06 PM
The Old Dwarf

Character: Mezur Stonecutter
Clan: Dwarfhood
Although we're discussing it internally it would be great if you, the community, kept the discussions going on here so we can get ideas and other input to our discussion :)

August 08, 2012, 05:41:58 PM
Tester

Well, while races won't be released at the games grand opening, maybe when the first few outfits are finished of other races maybe we could purchase them to wear early before the release of their cities? I'd love to purchase my Elvish outfit for my guild.

On that note, things that you guys are sure will be released could be purchased early on? Think of it as a preview for others who won't be purchasing them. ;)

I'm trying to keep a conversation up but alas not too much opinions and ideas from others yet

August 08, 2012, 06:30:30 PM
Tester

As long as they're purely cosmetic, I don't mind and might as well purchase some.

August 08, 2012, 11:12:18 PM
Traveller

I'd love to be able to buy outfits and maybe small add-ons such as a hat and a sword for the back of my character.

August 10, 2012, 03:39:22 AM
Tester

To me, anything bought for real money that gives an actual boost in-game is a big turn-off. As long as it's cosmetic, like the hats in TF2 for example, I'm all for it. A game like this needs to be financed some way...

I wouldn't mind a modest subscription fee to access premium content (premium areas, items, spells etc.) either.

August 10, 2012, 07:13:40 AM
Tester

This is a win-win situation for both sides - if players want to customize even more and are prepared to pay for it, they'll be able to without gaining any advantage and it would certainly increase the money flow :)

August 11, 2012, 02:09:20 AM
Tester

I've played many games that implement micro transactions. Never pay for any of them myself and probably never will. If this was in the game it would not effect me in any way.

August 12, 2012, 08:25:53 AM
Tester

Character: Celix
Clan: Order of the Beetle
Micotransactions that doesn't affect gameplay or give any real advantages are welcomed by me. :) Outfits would be a good way to go in my opinion! Gives the player something of value (a nice outfit to look at and to show-off to other people) while not affecting gameplay.

You got my approval atleast. :gangster:

August 18, 2012, 10:57:48 AM