It is currently November 18, 2018, 11:20:29 AM

Stats Reset. 
Tester

Character: Tifa
Post Stats Reset.
Was reading the other day about the stats that we get when we lvl (dex/wis/str) and reading the questions didnt find any about a way to reset your stats SOOOOO: would be a nice idea to add some kinda of npc/item/quest/real monayz itanz/strange magicx or some way to be able to reset your stats in order to fix your char cause u f**ed it up or to try new builds.

Another thing that jsut came to my mind:

When we reach lvl 50 there will be less things to do in order to get stronger, i know u can always train your skills and get better equipment, but at some point u gona be stuck. So i was thinking a way to lvl up your skills/spells, for example a big chain of quest that u has to do it as a party in order to get some item to improve 1 or 2 of your skills.This would add more diversity to each build cause some may go for a healing or suport skill other for a tank skill and others for pure dps.

If any of this was already posted just ignore my and delete this.

Ty for your time and sorry for my english skills HUE HUE HUE.

December 19, 2012, 02:12:11 AM
Staff

Post Re: Stats Reset.
Mahedros wrote:
Was reading the other day about the stats that we get when we lvl (dex/wis/str) and reading the questions didnt find any about a way to reset your stats SOOOOO: would be a nice idea to add some kinda of npc/item/quest/real monayz itanz/strange magicx or some way to be able to reset your stats in order to fix your char cause u f**ed it up or to try new builds.
This is something we currently haven't agreed on internally. Some of us want to allow stat resets, others don't... Discuss :)

December 19, 2012, 08:30:46 PM
Tester

Well most games based on Stat build have some way to reset them (Ragnarok beeing one example), imo is a good idea to let player reset their stats since with new patch, new spells, and new items you would like to try some new build to balance your char.

Maybe as i said make it a little difficult to reset the stats like a quest, make it expensive so ppl would think twice before spending gold on it or give 1 and only 1 reset so at least new players have a chance to fix their mistakes before having to make another char.

Btw, u didnt post anything about the imporving skills thing ;c

December 19, 2012, 09:39:54 PM
Staff

Group quests to learn certain spells are something we'll be using.

I don't dislike the second idea about party quests to level up skills, I just don't think it will be necessary. Our planned system will allow class diversity using equipment, skill and stat differences anyway. I didn't post about it originally because devs posts saying "yes" or "no" are often the quickest way to kill the discussion, and it's often through discussion that the best ideas come out.

December 20, 2012, 02:59:33 AM
Tester

Thanks for your time Rob, i just noticed i made a mistake that probly caused a little cofusion, on the second idea about lvling "skills" with an item i was actually refering to spells/feats like for example: Fireball does 10-20 dmg but after i use an item i got from a quest the spell gets stronger Fireball+1 does 20-30 dmg.This could be only done with 2 or 3 spells in order to have some diversity on builds and to have the so called "endgame".

Hope its clear now, and ty again.

Last edited by Mahedros on December 20, 2012, 03:39:42 PM, edited 1 time in total.

December 20, 2012, 04:43:04 AM
Tester

I like the idea, it would be nice to change your skills, for example if we get many new spells with an update and some players suddenly realize their character is too weak they can make some general changes (and stay unpredictable).

December 20, 2012, 11:10:54 AM
Tester

Character: Stinking Hippy
Clan: Order of the Beetle
I think if stats are explained well enough then you should not need to reset them. I do not know what they are used for atm but what if I put all my points into just one of them, like 3 mages reset their stats to have max wisdom and nothing else just to go around killing people (I do not know if that is how it works, but I could see it maybe being a problem)

December 20, 2012, 02:00:29 PM
Tester

But I`m afraid when it comes to balancing during an update you may turn into worthless character for instance. I don`t know if they will balance anything or how far can they go during the game but think about it. For me there should be 3 ways for every class;

PvP which means this character is best at fighting other players and deals much damage

PvE will be for players who like to deal tons of damage to monsters and try to fight alone through most difficult quests

Economy/farming for players who like to farm gold and gold and more gold

December 20, 2012, 03:12:05 PM
Tester

Theres a stat description over the teasers, think was something like this Wisdom(dmg with spells), Dex (chance to hit- dmg with ranged), Str (dmg with melee- able to wear stronger armors), so u will kinda need str even if u are a mage in order to wear better armors. Ofc they probly make cloth armors just for mages that needs less str in order to wear same with leather for ranged.
But thats wy stat reset is needed, what hapens if u want to build your character to use better armors as a mage or a ranged? , u will need more str, or what hapens with new updates that brings new items or new spells?, u would need to adapt to these changes, find a build that is worth for u and your party.

Most games that use stat based builds have resets (if not all) Ragnarok beeing one of the most played and there where tons of posible builds based on stats that w/o reset ppl wouldnt experiment new things.

December 20, 2012, 03:38:17 PM
Tester

I disagree with the stats reset, cuz' during the game you're building, evolving, developing, polishing and refining (redundant?) your character.
If you made him like that, that's how he should be. He shouldn't be changed. It will make a more conscious decision of adding certain stat or another. You will have to think two or three times who and what you want to be before doing any modification. It brings "nature and personality" to the characters.

Let's socialize, join the Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/phoboschat

April 13, 2013, 02:37:39 PM
Tester

So if you're unhapy with your build you will just have to make a new character? Keep in mind the first hero you create, is usually the one you like most. (At least in my case) and i would hate it if i had to make a new character just because i messed up my build. It should definately be resetable with some fee ofcourse and maybe some other tasks like gathering a certain ammount of supplies that helps you build a potion of some kind to helps you erase your stats, maybe a potion for each stat...

April 13, 2013, 02:52:17 PM
Tester

Imo, yes, if you make a mistake, you will have to deal with it. In that way, you will think two, three, fifteen times before doing any change, AND will be very careful.

You have to understand that in this game you will have plenty of options, and will be able to diverge in many directions.

But i trust Myth, i think they'll do a good job, and if they think of it as necessary, i'll take. If it REALLY, REALLY bothers me, simple, i quit playing. They can't please everyone.

Let's socialize, join the Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/phoboschat

April 13, 2013, 02:59:51 PM
Tester

If you have a chance to decide which build to go on you should have a chance to reset that build as well, simple. You would still have to think carefully before building your stats because the price for your decisions would be high.
Listen, you learn different skills and what you learn you can also forget and learn something different this is how it goes.

Last edited by Xanobi on April 13, 2013, 04:29:59 PM, edited 1 time in total.

April 13, 2013, 03:35:37 PM
Tester

Character: Sareth
I definitely agree with Xanobi here. I wouldn't like to make new character just because something changes in the game due to an update and I wouldn't have the needed stats for that something new anymore.

That's why I think there should be a way to reset your stats. How that is done should be something hard or expensive / involve real money. It shouldn't be too easy.

Just my opinion on the matter.

April 13, 2013, 04:02:00 PM
Tester

Maybe we should allow to reset only the last 5 or 10 skill points? So if you mess it up you can `repair` your mistake. At least a bit...

April 13, 2013, 04:05:16 PM