It is currently November 21, 2018, 03:16:07 AM

Not all Pkers should be bad 
Tester

Post Not all Pkers should be bad
What if I wanted to start an organization of "police" essentially. To keep the murders and criminals (PKS and power abusers) in check. Is it not be the case that killing a person who has already murdered many people should not bring as much punishment towards the killer? (ie. less safe zone lock out time, or higher chance for the offender to drop loot) I think protecting the innocent, or defending yourself is a good act and should be treated as such. What will Phobo's PvP have to say about that. I think that if you don't distinguish the difference between killing innocents and defending yourself (or others), PvP in this game is going to be shallow and annoying. This is a role-playing game in which the community and world should be shaped by the players. There must be a battle between the righteous and evil. Just something to consider.

I am DYING to play this game. Make it worth our wait C:

March 06, 2013, 05:00:08 AM
Tester

Character: John Dillinger
Post Re: Not all Pkers should be bad
What if PKs become criminals whose death is worth a reward, as in western movies? And the death of PKs with more frags will worth higher rewards. There could be also a rank with the players who killed more PKs, and the first ones can have titles, like "Bounty Hunter", "Sheriff", Idk... just giving ideas...

March 06, 2013, 06:37:29 AM
Tester

Character: Henry
Clan: Henry's
that would reward skull bashers, me no like dis :<

March 06, 2013, 01:56:13 PM
Tester

Character: Socera boladaum
Clan: Brotherhood Ruthless
I support the creation of a police organization. It´s a nice situation to use this system.

I was the Eggman. Now i'm the walrus!

March 06, 2013, 01:58:35 PM
Tester

Character: Bacjusz Merryeye
Clan: Starzy Wyjadacze
I tend to agree with the idea. Although it might make my job a little harder than usual. But greater the risk greater the reward right? I don't mind making it more challenging and dangerous but do make PK worthwhile as well. As regards the "Police", you can form a regular guild.

March 06, 2013, 03:07:46 PM
Tester

How about a quest to make u a "guard" from a city or a certain area so when u kill a pk in that area he will give u some reward that u can claim with the king/queen of the city where ur the guard , ofc people might abuse from this creating another char and killing it but we can use that a pk with certain amounts of kills its considering a pk with a reward dunno like someone who kill 5-6 lvl 35+ and not someone lvl 8 who is killing lvl 8-15

March 06, 2013, 04:28:33 PM
Tester

Bacjusz wrote:
I tend to agree with the idea. Although it might make my job a little harder than usual. But greater the risk greater the reward right? I don't mind making it more challenging and dangerous but do make PK worthwhile as well. As regards the "Police", you can form a regular guild.

Even to PKs it would be cool, as their escape from "Bounty Hunters" would be very exciting.

March 06, 2013, 06:12:27 PM
Tester

Character: Zilvix
With the amount of people that want to take care of the PK/PA I highly doubt there will be any. It's sad, really. I was never really a PK/PA, but the risk that there was somebody or something to fear made the game exciting, for me at least. What's to stop somebody from running their mouth to somebody, that person kills them and then they scream "PK PLZ HELP"? Make the game non pvp or let it sort itself out.

March 06, 2013, 06:37:06 PM
Tester

It wouldn't make the game non-pvp, I think it would make pvp more balanced, 'cause if you kill somebody unjustifiably, it would be like a giving a free card to someone to kill you.

When you kill someone, it's like having a debt with the society, you would become a criminal. It would make the game to become more like a true rpg, where people were supposed to help each other making quests, big hunts and stuff, and not players making fun of others and transforming the game into chaos, as it happened in Zezenia.

It's not that I don't appreciate pvp, wars and stuff. I just think that if pvp is unbalanced, it stops being fun.

March 06, 2013, 07:29:28 PM
Tester

Rainlaze wrote:
It wouldn't make the game non-pvp, I think it would make pvp more balanced, 'cause if you kill somebody unjustifiably, it would be like a giving a free card to someone to kill you.

When you kill someone, it's like having a debt with the society, you would become a criminal. It would make the game to become more like a true rpg, where people were supposed to help each other making quests, big hunts and stuff, and not players making fun of others and transforming the game into chaos, as it happened in Zezenia.

It's not that I don't appreciate pvp, wars and stuff. I just think that if pvp is unbalanced, it stops being fun.

What about a group of people against one player is balanced? Also, a justified kill is a matter of opinion.

March 06, 2013, 11:40:39 PM
Tester

Of course it wouldn't be balanced. That's why you should need a permission from the "police station" to kill the PK. It would be like a quest, available for one player at a time to receive permission from the "police station" to kill a specific PK from the list of criminals wanted, and after the PK get killed, his name would be erased from the list of criminals wanted. This permission would only be to justify when you kill him, and to receive the reward.

The definition of justified kill should be based on rules, not on opinion. For me, justified kill would be defined as killing for self defence (but that's my opinion :D ). It should be something for the staff to decide.

March 07, 2013, 12:01:42 AM
Staff

The problem with automated penalties for player-killers is that they never work as well as you think they will, and they are always abused. Having said that, I've mentioned before that we may consider some sort of bounty system where if you kill x number of players you get a bounty put on your head; the more kills, the higher the bounty.

The challenge would be balancing it so that it would actually work, but couldn't be abused.

March 08, 2013, 01:21:55 PM
Tester

I believe the major flaw in this bounty system would be players killing a lot of people and then dying to a friend to get part of the bounty for themselves. If you guys can make a system like that without this issue, I believe it would work.

March 08, 2013, 04:40:56 PM
Tester

Rob wrote:
The problem with automated penalties for player-killers is that they never work as well as you think they will, and they are always abused. Having said that, I've mentioned before that we may consider some sort of bounty system where if you kill x number of players you get a bounty put on your head; the more kills, the higher the bounty.

The challenge would be balancing it so that it would actually work, but couldn't be abused.

I know it's hard to predict when a situation will get abusive, but that's why we have test servers. Still, I don't see how it can become abusive, maybe you already have an idea.

jhonnyot wrote:
I believe the major flaw in this bounty system would be players killing a lot of people and then dying to a friend to get part of the bounty for themselves. If you guys can make a system like that without this issue, I believe it would work.

I don't think a PK will voluntarily die just to erase his name from the list of criminals wanted, since you can suffer a high death penalty, losing exp and skills. Even if he dies by a friend and share with him the reward, it wouldn't compensate. The bounty system, ideally, would serve to control massive player killing. Besides, it would be more fun to become a PK, since becoming a criminal would be like a status (as we live in Rio, we know what it's like :wink: ), but of course, you would have to deal with its consequences.

March 08, 2013, 06:37:58 PM
Tester

Rainlaze wrote:
Rob wrote:

I know it's hard to predict when a situation will get abusive, but that's why we have test servers. Still, I don't see how it can become abusive, maybe you already have an idea.

jhonnyot wrote:

I don't think a PK will voluntarily die just to erase his name from the list of criminals wanted, since you can suffer a high death penalty, losing exp and skills. Even if he dies by a friend and share with him the reward, it wouldn't compensate. The bounty system, ideally, would serve to control massive player killing. Besides, it would be more fun to become a PK, since becoming a criminal would be like a status (as we live in Rio, we know what it's like :wink: ), but of course, you would have to deal with its consequences.

I don't see the point in losing exp since there's a level cap.

March 08, 2013, 08:35:35 PM