It is currently November 18, 2018, 07:49:11 PM

wasd or not? 
Tester

Post wasd or not?
with the information that the attacks are made almost exclusively with the skills
came discomfort in using the "arrows"
we have to keep switching the hand all the time to click on monsters
then I propose that we use "WASD" to move the characters

and also that the hotkeys are the numbers

What do you think?

May 29, 2013, 12:08:35 PM
Administrator

Post Re: wasd or not?
We've already added both ASDW (allowing F keys and numbers for hotkeys) and arrow keys (only F key hotkeys) support.

May 29, 2013, 01:55:26 PM
Tester

Robbert wrote:
We've already added both ASDW (allowing F keys and numbers for hotkeys) and arrow keys (only F key hotkeys) support.

From now right now
I believe that the system of "Skills"
will actually work. phobos just won 100 points with players
play the arrows / mouse / F 's is very uncomfortable

May 29, 2013, 01:58:50 PM
Tester

Character: Sir Vitor
Robbert wrote:

I wonder why not adding not only F keys and numbers to hotkeys, but also any keys in our keyboard? At least the letter keys (E, Q, R, etc).
With number keys you can bind only from 1 to 5 max, from 6 ahead it is already to far to click and a bit uncomfortable.
Having hotkeys at Q, E, R, C, etc would be perfect solution since those keys are very near to the hand.
That way even if you have like 10 spells you can have 5 attached to 1-5 and the other 5 to random keys around WASD.

May 29, 2013, 05:02:04 PM
Administrator

Those are used for walking diagonal. But adding letters might be good. Though we haven't got any binding features on the client yet. So right now you can't set them. I might look into that shortly.

May 29, 2013, 05:21:48 PM
Tester

Robbert wrote:
Those are used for walking diagonal. But adding letters might be good. Though we haven't got any binding features on the client yet. So right now you can't set them. I might look into that shortly.

That's true, forgot about the diagonal walking. But it is nice to hear that, good you will have a look on it :)

Also, how will the change from WASD mode to arrow-key mode be done ?
Will it be similiar to Zezenia (CTRL+Letter) or something different?

May 29, 2013, 05:28:15 PM
Tester

Character: Sareth
Liking the control scheme already! Which button's the hotkey for chat, incase of not using the arrow keys? Also adding more possibilities such as what Sir Vitor already proposed is a good idea.

May 29, 2013, 05:33:56 PM
Staff

You know, we did actually already promise that we'd add some hotkey customisation in the combat teaser ;)

Xareth wrote:
Liking the control scheme already! Which button's the hotkey for chat, incase of not using the arrow keys? Also adding more possibilities such as what Sir Vitor already proposed is a good idea.
When using WASD movement, you press Enter to activate the chat to start typing. You can still move around using mouse and arrow keys when you active chat in this way of course. Of course, if you turn WASD off, then chat is always active.

Sir Vitor wrote:
Also, how will the change from WASD mode to arrow-key mode be done ?
Will it be similiar to Zezenia (CTRL+Letter) or something different?
There's currently no hotkey (unless Robbert has made a secret one he's not told us about) to switch between the two modes. Right now you have to go into settings to switch between them. I can see that it might be useful though: if you're just chatting with friends or in the world chat channel outside your house, but then you get attacked, or need to help out one of your friends, or a world event is announced. Ctrl-M (M for Mode) might be a good option, as it's not easily pressed by mistake.

May 29, 2013, 05:56:43 PM
Tester

Rob wrote:
You know, we did actually already promise that we'd add some hotkey customisation in the combat teaser ;)

When using WASD movement, you press Enter to activate the chat to start typing. You can still move around using mouse and arrow keys when you active chat in this way of course. Of course, if you turn WASD off, then chat is always active.

There's currently no hotkey (unless Robbert has made a secret one he's not told us about) to switch between the two modes. Right now you have to go into settings to switch between them. I can see that it might be useful though: if you're just chatting with friends or in the world chat channel outside your house, but then you get attacked, or need to help out one of your friends, or a world event is announced. Ctrl-M (M for Mode) might be a good option, as it's not easily pressed by mistake.

Haha , I had a feeling that I might have read about this before on some teaser but was too lazy to search it hehe, sorry about that :P
Nice to hear that, I hope you implement some CTRL+Key hotkey, since like you said it will be useful on some situations :)

May 29, 2013, 05:58:49 PM
Tester

Character: Sareth
Rob wrote:

Oh, seems like it's time to re-read some of those teasers just to make sure of having not forgotten something important already. :P

May 30, 2013, 09:10:27 AM
Tester

Xareth wrote:
Oh, seems like it's time to re-read some of those teasers just to make sure of having not forgotten something important already. :P

I do it quite frequently :p

Let's socialize, join the Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/phoboschat

May 30, 2013, 06:18:51 PM
Staff

Just a quick update on this: Robbert added Ctrl-M as the hotkey to toggle between chat modes.

June 04, 2013, 06:09:51 PM
Staff

Character: Till
Rob wrote:
Just a quick update on this: Robbert added Ctrl-M as the hotkey to toggle between chat modes.

This made me laugh. Yes guys, this is definitely the best thing Robbert has done to the client so far :evil:

June 04, 2013, 06:13:18 PM
Tester

Character: Ricardo
This should give us an update on the to-do list.

June 04, 2013, 09:31:01 PM
Tester

Rob wrote:

Nice! That was the fastest response to a proposal I've ever seen :P
EDIT:
However, not wanting to bother to much, I think CTRL+M isn't very good because you need to raise your hand from the mouse to press it, so if you are in middle of something dangerous and needs to instantly reply to someone you would have to remove your hand from the mouse what could possibly be bad. If it was closer and you would do it with the left hand (ex.: ctrl+V) it would be easier.
This is no big deal, just a point of view, not sure if it really matters. We can only verify that by playing the game under real circumstances.

That's actually a good reason to have customizable hotkeys in the game, like any other MMORPG. That way the user may set his settings the way he wants (for instance some people like to walk using ESDF instead of WASD), and also people could bind any spell to any key they want.

June 04, 2013, 09:57:42 PM