pvp + supplies = problem

Got a great idea or a proposal for us? Post it here and discuss it with others!
Post Reply
User avatar
Munzder
Tester
Posts: 136
Joined: April 06, 2013, 12:31:41 AM

June 15, 2013, 03:17:43 AM

who plays tibia and other mmos knows that there is a pvp supplies
and I find it a big problem since it does not benefit those who have ability, but who has money
I think a good alternative to solve this problem is CC's skills (Crowd control)
or put a "cooldowm" for potions

What do staff think? thought about it?
Players. What do you think?
User avatar
Autran
Tester
Posts: 278
Joined: April 11, 2013, 04:57:36 PM
Location: Brazil
Contact:

June 15, 2013, 07:07:11 AM

Could you explain it better? I didn't understand... If not, i'll obey your signature and head to the next :P
Exe
Tester
Posts: 45
Joined: April 06, 2013, 02:53:41 PM

June 15, 2013, 08:25:00 AM

Autran wrote:Could you explain it better? I didn't understand... If not, i'll obey your signature and head to the next :P
You have 100% PVP skills and you can kill any human living form, you can handle with 100 health potions

as the example, for sure you can kill anybody with the same supplies as you (in a fair battle) because you are pro on pvp


but here comes a noob with 2000 health potions, he maybe will kill you only spamming one spell or camping, spaming the health potions on himself without having any pvp skill, because he have more supplies than you

and you PVP skill will be useless


pvp + supplies = problem = the one with more money (supplies) will won regardless your pvp skill
Mahedros
Tester
Posts: 190
Joined: September 03, 2009, 03:00:17 AM
Character: Tifa
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay

June 15, 2013, 05:41:15 PM

The problem in Tibia was not the potion spamm, was the ability to be able to carry 2k potions because no lvl/item cap once u where hig lvl. Phobos has a lvl cap therefore player are not gona be able to carry 2k pots to spamm the heck out of them to get away.
And about CC skills lets say theres a skill only for pvp called Stun: 2 sec stuned 1 min cd, u can think thats pretty balanced but now imagine 10 ppl rotating this skill, that means 20 sec unable to do shit cause of perma stun, same could hapen with a slow or any other cc skill.

Imo CC skills brake games, Vanilla WoW for example rouges could kill ppl naked because of perma stun, Rift, i was able to lock down a target with my mage for 10 seconds.
User avatar
Autran
Tester
Posts: 278
Joined: April 11, 2013, 04:57:36 PM
Location: Brazil
Contact:

June 15, 2013, 07:22:38 PM

Exe wrote:
Autran wrote:Could you explain it better? I didn't understand... If not, i'll obey your signature and head to the next :P
You have 100% PVP skills and you can kill any human living form, you can handle with 100 health potions

as the example, for sure you can kill anybody with the same supplies as you (in a fair battle) because you are pro on pvp


but here comes a noob with 2000 health potions, he maybe will kill you only spamming one spell or camping, spaming the health potions on himself without having any pvp skill, because he have more supplies than you

and you PVP skill will be useless


pvp + supplies = problem = the one with more money (supplies) will won regardless your pvp skill
Thank you, that i did understand but was not certain, you made it clearer...

Yes, kind of true, back in my time i don't know how true this was, but i remember me and my friend with two lv 8s hunting power levels of 30/40 (yes, in my time they were power leveling already :p) and we almost always did kill 'em, but it wasn't about potions and runes, but strategy... We even went to dragon and giant spider hunt areas with those lv 8s and used the creatures to kill ppl (of course sometimes we died too, but after killing who we wanted to kill)...

Anyways, what i really don't understand are those CC skills... What are them and how do they work?
User avatar
Chaosweaver
Tester
Posts: 501
Joined: August 10, 2010, 02:16:13 PM
Location: Norway

June 15, 2013, 09:45:01 PM

Autran wrote:Anyways, what i really don't understand are those CC skills... What are them and how do they work?
CC stands for crowd control which refers to spells that limits or prevents actions of other players. Stuns, slows, knockback etc are all crowd control spells. For example in Tibia paralyze is a CC spell.
User avatar
Autran
Tester
Posts: 278
Joined: April 11, 2013, 04:57:36 PM
Location: Brazil
Contact:

June 15, 2013, 10:41:06 PM

Halgart wrote:CC stands for crowd control which refers to spells that limits or prevents actions of other players. Stuns, slows, knockback etc are all crowd control spells. For example in Tibia paralyze is a CC spell.
Oh, thank you Halgart...

I think you may have a reason Munzder, but i believe that this kind of thing they've already thought... I mean, it's no harm to publish here just in case, but after so many years, i think they've thought of it...
Post Reply