Mail System.

Got a great idea or a proposal for us? Post it here and discuss it with others!
Hegemon
Tester

June 12, 2007, 02:36:58 PM

Hiho, I dunno if there is any currenst mail system in Phobos, but what I'd like to suggest is to make it more RPG. Tibian one is like uber fast and uber everything. It delivers the parcels instantly, and you can put whatever you want in these parcels, also they don't have any weight limits :shock:
What would be RPG in Phobos is that you'd need to buy parcels of restricted size (and price) eg. for something that is 90 oz. of weight you would buy big parcel. And for smaller items smaller parcels. Eg.

Lillet parcels - 1 - 10 oz.
Small ones - 11 - 50 oz.
Big ones - 51 - 100 oz.
And huge ones for bigger items.

Also what would be more realistic is that you couldn't send everything you want in a single parcel as long as you have enough item slots in it...
Also it should take some time to deliver a parcel (or letter). Instatn delivery is kinda strange...
IMHO it would be more realistic, also could prevent huge itemloss when some1 gets hacked - hacker would need alot time and money to buy so many parcels :P
Hope my ideas aren't as stupid as my nick, and you could consider them done ;)
Stian
Tester

June 12, 2007, 04:20:03 PM

Sure would take some time to transfer all your belongings that way, but who does that? :D

Seems like a good idea though.
Hegemon
Tester

June 12, 2007, 04:36:49 PM

In addition, mail system could work with auction house system. Auction house was proposed by someone else but more less it would go like that: Player1 sets an item for auction, Player2 buys that item, mail system sends that item to P2 and money to P1 - everyones happy. Also there should be taxes depending on sold items price (like in real life xP). IMO that would work just great and realisticly xD