It is currently December 16, 2017, 12:10:31 PM

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Teaser - Combat 
Staff

Post Re: Teaser - Combat
No words on my spells =(

"A rising tide lifts all boats..."

October 15, 2012, 02:16:23 PM
Traveller

Character: Everlast
Awesome!!! i can hardly wait til i'l be able to try this awesome PvE + PvP system!

Great job!, keep up the divine work! :D

October 15, 2012, 02:38:54 PM
Tester

Character: Stinking Hippy
Clan: Order of the Beetle
Andre wrote:
No words on my spells =(

You spoke too soon! :evil: I was just about to say how amazing they are :like: Are they all done by hand? I have been working a little on dynamics in 3D software so thinking about trying to render some out as 2D animations.

(One thing I would say is the moderate healing spell may be a little over the top but amazing animation on it! So smooth and fluid)

Looks like you guys have the right idea about PvP and I hope you can add a beautiful variety of tactics that a player can choose so to not fuel the cheaters too much and also to not give them too much of an advantage.

Love it

October 15, 2012, 03:53:22 PM
Staff

Haha thank you Agent Green. Yeah I've done all of em by hand! I once tried to start on a 3D modeling software to make fluid animations. But it end up being more useful on the icons design. Hehehe :)

You can imagine how much sweat we've put on it since we got now something around 40 brand-new spell animations and illustrated spell icons.
We hope you guys approve our final result on this.

Best regards,
:gangster:

October 15, 2012, 04:21:02 PM
Tester

Character: Sparksman
Clan: Akai'zhar
It's totally amazing. All of this words made me imagine me walking on phobos lands, always on alert, ready to answer the fire. It's just amazing. I hope it comes out soon.

October 15, 2012, 06:21:39 PM
Tester

Character: Felipe Maharis
Clan: Order of the White Robe
Please Staff, do not listen to people crying about power abuse and quitting the game because of this, and don't try to do anything to interfere in the pvp interaction! I'm not a powerabuser, but i love the challenge to handle the situation by my own. If someone starts 'hunting' you and killing you for no reason, do do not start crying in the forums and do something in game about it.

October 15, 2012, 06:36:27 PM
Tester

Character: El Diablo
Clan: Akai'Zhar
Andre wrote:
No words on my spells =(

I mentioned them on the facebook fanpage post when it was posted.
I love your graphics bud. You should make a smoking graphic so we can have some ganja in-game and have cheers over your success. :3
Of course because this game is friendly for all, it could be named something else like Skunk Weeds.

17:13 Dfgdfd has been banned due to being a stupid noob.
20:42 Lolgm has been banned due to being a asswhipe :S.

October 15, 2012, 07:13:03 PM
Staff

haha I'm glad you liked it :) I really appreciate that. :gangster:

October 15, 2012, 08:04:26 PM
Tester

Character: Sir Vitor
Andre wrote:
No words on my spells =(

The animations are amazing drawn, but I think the moderate healing is a bit too big. Imagine a lot of characters all side by side casting this same spell? The screen would get totally flooded by the animation, and since it is too big, it would be a little disturbing to the gameplay.

October 15, 2012, 09:03:48 PM
Tester

I agree with you Sir Vitor, about the healing animation being too big... Was thinking the same thing myself when I seen it.

Great teaser though, making me look forward to Phobos even more!

October 15, 2012, 09:15:58 PM
Tester

Character: Stinking Hippy
Clan: Order of the Beetle
I don't know if too big is the right words, too bright, too opaque or too solid describe the problem better. Things can be big yet subtle

You have inspired me now to try a little more with spells :yes: I can't begin to imagine how much sweat and tears you put into those xD

October 15, 2012, 10:33:31 PM
Newcomer

Andre wrote:
No words on my spells =(

Aidan Aneirin wrote:
[...] The level of detail you place in environments, teaser footage, spell animations and overall design [...]

Fine. Ignore me, then.
:x

October 15, 2012, 11:25:46 PM
Staff

Bacjusz wrote:
The teaser is great overall. And yet i think some things are missing here. I'd love to know if teams or parties will affect combat substantially. By that I mean if buffs will be (possibly) team based or just single target. Another thing are those guard NPCs. I wonder if they will be invincible or rather just dangerous and yet killable. Lastly I am curious about the penalties for PK. Will the assassin be cursed, marked as a serial killer, or maybe there will be a bounty somewhere in the town with a reward for his/her head. That's all I think. Maybe someone will continue my train of thought.
Regards,
Bacjusz
Parties
We want to encourage party-based combat as much as possible. So there will definitely be party-acting spells (this will be especially true for the Cleric).

Guards
All NPCs will be killable. However most will be very, very hard to kill. For instance, to kill a guard, you would need a group of several well-equipped high levels. This will be made even more difficult when NPCs can call more guards to help them if they're in trouble.

PK penalties
At release, guard NPCs will probably be the only anti-player killing 'system'. Depending on how necessary it is, we will look to improve this system, perhaps by adding a bounty system of some kind. But that will not be in release, for sure.

UFOguy wrote:
Im nto much into PvP but i like this teaser and idea of how are you gonna do it.I still really hope there will be a NO PvP server in wich we can only PvP in a selected area like arena or something.I dont plan to play on PvP server,so if there is no nonPvP there is no UFOguy
The plan is that PvP will still be possible inside arenas on non-PvP worlds.

October 16, 2012, 12:50:34 AM
Tester

Character: Setzer
Clan: GIRLZ LIKE IT BIG
Glad to read about the PvP system, I was very eager to have more information on this matter!

Can't wait to test it out!

Animations are amazing so far and I am very excited to start enjoying the very well worked PvP system (as it apprears that you guys really spent time through it to make it as far from cheaters as possible) even though all I am worrying about is how cheaters gonna be dealt with, I (and I think I expect the community as a whole) think they should be BANISHED from the game at the same time they get caught.

Regards,

October 16, 2012, 02:06:00 AM
Staff

Setzer wrote:
Glad to read about the PvP system, I was very eager to have more information on this matter!

Can't wait to test it out!

Animations are amazing so far and I am very excited to start enjoying the very well worked PvP system (as it apprears that you guys really spent time through it to make it as far from cheaters as possible) even though all I am worrying about is how cheaters gonna be dealt with, I (and I think I expect the community as a whole) think they should be BANISHED from the game at the same time they get caught.
Here is a brief extract from our Guardian (GM) "Conduct and Punishments" document:
Quote:
2.c. Use, create or support unapproved third party software, or make modification to any of the program files.
This is one of the most serious rule violations and should be treated as such. In the event that you have found sufficient proof that a player is using third-party software (e.g. macro, aimbot, cavebot, etc), then a permanent banishment should always be requested.

October 16, 2012, 02:57:48 AM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next