It is currently December 16, 2017, 12:00:05 PM

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Teaser - Combat 
Staff

Post Re: Teaser - Combat
I'm sorry, Aidan! Missed your post, dude! hoho :Ü: Thank you so much!!
Agent green and guys: Ye bright balance on our spells is really though right now. Mostly because they need to shine, but not overwhelm the ambient light with colorful flashes. And also, few animations must be fast, others require a slower pace for magnitude purposes. :D
Moderate healing in one of those. :P

I just can't wait til you guys see what more we've prepared for our spell system. I think most of it won't be revealed to you until the game release. Basically I can say it worth the surprise! You have no idea what players will be able to do with their spells/feats when casted properly. ;)

And once again, "Gameplay" & The guy behind the computer" will be proven to be an important trademark from Myth Entertainment. :gangster:

"A rising tide lifts all boats..."

October 16, 2012, 06:01:11 AM
Tester

Character: El Diablo
Clan: Akai'Zhar
Andre wrote:
I just can't wait til you guys see what more we've prepared for our spell system. I think most of it won't be revealed to you until the game release. Basically I can say it worth the surprise! You have no idea what players will be able to do with their spells/feats when casted properly. ;)

Perhaps I do. I've witnessed some neat things from Brabexia possible with massive client edits. ;)

17:13 Dfgdfd has been banned due to being a stupid noob.
20:42 Lolgm has been banned due to being a asswhipe :S.

October 16, 2012, 06:28:19 AM
Tester

Character: Bacjusz Merryeye
Clan: Starzy Wyjadacze
Rob wrote:
Bacjusz wrote:
The teaser is great overall. And yet i think some things are missing here. I'd love to know if teams or parties will affect combat substantially. By that I mean if buffs will be (possibly) team based or just single target. Another thing are those guard NPCs. I wonder if they will be invincible or rather just dangerous and yet killable. Lastly I am curious about the penalties for PK. Will the assassin be cursed, marked as a serial killer, or maybe there will be a bounty somewhere in the town with a reward for his/her head. That's all I think. Maybe someone will continue my train of thought.
Regards,
Bacjusz
Parties
We want to encourage party-based combat as much as possible. So there will definitely be party-acting spells (this will be especially true for the Cleric).

Guards
All NPCs will be killable. However most will be very, very hard to kill. For instance, to kill a guard, you would need a group of several well-equipped high levels. This will be made even more difficult when NPCs can call more guards to help them if they're in trouble.

PK penalties
At release, guard NPCs will probably be the only anti-player killing 'system'. Depending on how necessary it is, we will look to improve this system, perhaps by adding a bounty system of some kind. But that will not be in release, for sure.

UFOguy wrote:
Im nto much into PvP but i like this teaser and idea of how are you gonna do it.I still really hope there will be a NO PvP server in wich we can only PvP in a selected area like arena or something.I dont plan to play on PvP server,so if there is no nonPvP there is no UFOguy
The plan is that PvP will still be possible inside arenas on non-PvP worlds.

Thanks for the information. I think I am fully satisfied with the answer. I am looking forward to closed beta tests because I want to hire some players for my team :-) Best regards,
Bacjusz

October 16, 2012, 12:53:38 PM
Tester

Character: Setzer
Clan: GIRLZ LIKE IT BIG
@Rob

Thanks for the answer, Rob, I am very satisfied with the treatment cheaters will receive.

And please, keep the good work UP! :)

~expects more content~

Regards,

October 16, 2012, 05:56:10 PM
Tester

Character: Ricardo
The combat system should be easy to use and highly configurable, but at the same time require a lot of human skills and avoid any sort of automated no-brainer decisions and behaviors, thus decreasing to almost 0% the possibility of cheat usage and abuse.

Also, the community should be let free to roam and no limits should be put on killing, except for the already presented guard npcs. The community should be able to take care of itself and reach an equilibrium.

October 16, 2012, 06:38:27 PM
Tester

Character: Stinking Hippy
Clan: Order of the Beetle
Kardaum wrote:
The combat system should be easy to use and highly configurable, but at the same time require a lot of human skills and avoid any sort of automated no-brainer decisions and behaviors, thus decreasing to almost 0% the possibility of cheat usage and abuse.

Also, the community should be let free to roam and no limits should be put on killing, except for the already presented guard npcs. The community should be able to take care of itself and reach an equilibrium.

Only if the community is not populated by stupid

October 16, 2012, 10:36:48 PM
Tester

Character: Dark-Hitman
Clan: Ironfist
:o!

October 17, 2012, 09:16:57 PM
Tester

I'm excited to see how well things are going! I miss you guys :oops:
Keep up the good work!

plus five times eleven,
equals nine squared and not a bit more.

October 18, 2012, 03:49:03 PM
Traveller

This is why I love this team. :twisted:

October 22, 2012, 02:36:44 AM
Tester

Character: Marco
Amazing teaser and fucking epic spell effects. :o

October 22, 2012, 09:51:25 AM
Tester

Character: Neil
It all depends on the death penalty really. I deterred from PVP on Tibia as you lose so much when you die and people seem to kill you for the hell of it...

Kinda destructive gameplay in a way when all you want to do is progress, regardless of the penalty for the PK, you will always get some idiot who will attack you for no reason

Non-PVP world is always preferred for me!

November 02, 2012, 11:04:03 PM
Tester

Character: Zilvix
Rob wrote:

A poorly-designed combat system is annoying for the user. An annoyed user will probably either quit, or cheat. So convenience and usability are paramount to making our combat system work. Players will be able to move around using the arrow keys, WASD, and mouse, and we plan to allow players to customise almost all keys as spell/feat hotkeys to make combat in Phobos feel as natural as possible.

When it comes to customizing, will you be able to bind things to your mouse? I have a gaming mouse with extra buttons.

December 17, 2012, 11:49:33 PM
Staff

Zilvix wrote:
When it comes to customizing, will you be able to bind things to your mouse? I have a gaming mouse with extra buttons.
How many buttons are we talking? I use a 5 button, and agree that being able to bind these would be brilliant, and would certainly be possible. I will say though, that being able to do this does depend on your mouse's drivers. A lot of mice seem to use some pretty rubbish drivers, and if that's the case for yours, or if you have more than 5 buttons, then we may not be able to fully support it.

Even if that is the case, all is not lost. High-end mice should come with software which allows you to redefine buttons on your mouse. But if yours (like mine) doesn't, then I strongly recommend a program called X-Mouse Button Control.

December 18, 2012, 02:47:56 AM
Tester

Character: Ricardo
Rob wrote:
Even if that is the case, all is not lost. High-end mice should come with software which allows you to redefine buttons on your mouse. But if yours (like mine) doesn't, then I strongly recommend a program called X-Mouse Button Control.

I have a 7-button mouse and I vouch for this program.

December 18, 2012, 09:55:40 PM
Tester

Character: Stinking Hippy
Clan: Order of the Beetle
my mouse has three buttons, fear my right click :gangster:

December 19, 2012, 01:01:40 AM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next