It is currently June 25, 2017, 01:12:45 AM

Teaser - Creatures 
Tester

Character: Felipe Maharis
Clan: Order of the White Robe
Post Re: Teaser - Creatures
How about showing us some more creatures as an apology? :D

Nice teaser, however. This Lich Boss seems impressive, couldn't you tell us a little more about him? xD

November 28, 2012, 09:18:39 PM
Staff

jhonnyot wrote:
Since all but one of my questions have been answered in the teaser, I'll shoot the last one: Will different weapons have different attack speed and animation? That'd be slicing weapons having a faster attack time than blunt or hacking weapons and different animations from the one used on that poor little bug. (Of course, this should be a feature on the release date, not on the beta. That'd be a lot to ask :p)
Different weapons will indeed have different attack speeds. In general: daggers are the fastest, then the one-handed swords/axes/polearms, and the two-handed weapons are the slowest.

There are other factors which will be important when it comes to melee weapons too though. For instance, some weapons may cause 'bleeding', hammers can stun an opponent, and other weapons have increased armour penetration (meaning that they are especially effective against armoured opponents).

You're going to be getting huge range of equipment to choose from. To give an idea of the scale: there are around 250 pieces of armour, and almost 300 weapons.

As for animations, different spells/feats have different animations. That animation with the beetle is a sword feat.

Felipee wrote:
How about showing us some more creatures as an apology? :D

November 28, 2012, 10:35:54 PM
Staff

Hahaha hell ye. Funny how we all made equipment sets when we were bored to sprite decoration and architecture stuff xD

"A rising tide lifts all boats..."

November 29, 2012, 12:46:52 AM
Tester

Character: Havy Glory
Clan: Brotherhood Ruthless
good, stun, bleeding, ammor penetration.
xD
Show more creatures ;(

November 29, 2012, 01:38:10 PM
Tester

That's absolutely amazing, Rob.

November 29, 2012, 03:44:26 PM
Tester

Character: Wind
Clan: Akai'Zhar
Rob, you should write full bestiary.

December 02, 2012, 12:28:37 AM
Traveller

Advanced AI sounds pretty epic, but wouldn't that put an unbearable stress on the servers?

December 07, 2012, 10:08:05 PM
Tester

Character: Snirf
Clan: Rainbow Pandas
Awesome!

While I totally agree with the fact that weaker creature give less XP (down to nil), I would imagine that as this happens, your character shouldn't have any trouble in killing that monster (brings me back to poofing or hitting 1's on a spider at level 100~ -.-)

And as for the bot farmers, and idea could be formed out of a necessity to return to 'rest' or something of that sort. As no one can hunt for hours or days at a time and not need a rest ;)

December 07, 2012, 11:15:32 PM
Staff

Snirfneblin wrote:
Awesome!

While I totally agree with the fact that weaker creature give less XP (down to nil), I would imagine that as this happens, your character shouldn't have any trouble in killing that monster (brings me back to poofing or hitting 1's on a spider at level 100~ -.-)
This shouldn't be a problem, because our combat is very much based on using spells/feats. Spell/feat damage will of course be based on skills, but there will also be a minimum/maximum value that any spell can do.

Snirfneblin wrote:
And as for the bot farmers, and idea could be formed out of a necessity to return to 'rest' or something of that sort. As no one can hunt for hours or days at a time and not need a rest ;)
Unfortunately this wouldn't work, because a botter could use multiple accounts so that this doesn't affect them.

December 08, 2012, 03:26:56 AM
Tester

Character: Celix
Clan: Order of the Beetle
If anyone would use a bot for this game I would be pissed.... 7+ years waiting for the game to be released and then you're letting a bot play it for you? -.-

I'm glad to hear that you are doing as much as you can to prevent this though, keep that up! :)

December 08, 2012, 11:40:13 AM
Tester

Character: Snirf
Clan: Rainbow Pandas
Rob wrote:

Snirfneblin wrote:
Unfortunately this wouldn't work, because a botter could use multiple accounts so that this doesn't affect them.

What about something along the lines of after hunting creatures that give less than half exp for a random % of a set amount of time (say 1 hr, then it could appear anywhere from 50minutes to 1:15minutes) a 'botblocker' window pops up where it pauses your character from doing anything until you answer a simple math problem or something along those lines?

It wouldnt hurt those who honestly do it, as it would be a quick enter in text and be done, but those who bot wouldn't answer it, and their character would be paused. For characters who are actually AFK, it would still appear, but as they tried to make no movements (if possible to track that) then they were obviously AFK. Those who try to make actions while the box is there constantly for a period of time are obviously botting and should be easier to catch (provided you can you track actions on characters).

Just trying to help! I hate bots -.-

December 08, 2012, 01:12:26 PM
Newcomer

Snirfneblin wrote:
Rob wrote:

Snirfneblin wrote:

What about something along the lines of after hunting creatures that give less than half exp for a random % of a set amount of time (say 1 hr, then it could appear anywhere from 50minutes to 1:15minutes) a 'botblocker' window pops up where it pauses your character from doing anything until you answer a simple math problem or something along those lines?

It wouldnt hurt those who honestly do it, as it would be a quick enter in text and be done, but those who bot wouldn't answer it, and their character would be paused. For characters who are actually AFK, it would still appear, but as they tried to make no movements (if possible to track that) then they were obviously AFK. Those who try to make actions while the box is there constantly for a period of time are obviously botting and should be easier to catch (provided you can you track actions on characters).

Wouldn't bots just stop performing actions when this window pops up and omit the movement checks? Then they'd probably log in again after a certain amount of time and keep misbehaving. This seems like a nuisance for honest players, and too easy to dodge for the inconvenience it brings.

December 08, 2012, 02:00:58 PM
Tester

Character: Neil
Aidan Aneirin wrote:
Snirfneblin wrote:

Wouldn't bots just stop performing actions when this window pops up and omit the movement checks? Then they'd probably log in again after a certain amount of time and keep misbehaving. This seems like a nuisance for honest players, and too easy to dodge for the inconvenience it brings.

Could be a nuisance but more so for a botter until they found work arounds, any ideas to stamp out botting should be considered

December 08, 2012, 06:38:21 PM
Tester

Character: Ricardo
I think anti-bot stuff should be transparent to players and focused on giving gamemasters features so their job is made easier, like the ability to walk invisibly on the whole game world, see stuff from player's perspective and what not.

December 08, 2012, 06:50:06 PM
Tester

Character: Stinking Hippy
Clan: Order of the Beetle
I don't think there should be any automated bot detection/prevention. Players are the best bot detectors, there just needs to be a good system in place to report players who are suspected of cheating and a team of people who can act on these reports.

The playing community are your best weapon against cheaters.

I am not sure I even agree with lowering the amount of experience given from a creature with the higher levels you get, although it does make a little sense as after you have gained so many levels you would not be learning anything new killing that creature.

December 08, 2012, 07:06:59 PM