It is currently June 23, 2017, 09:38:05 AM

Rob's Diary - 10th June 2012 
Traveller

Post Re: Rob's Diary - June 10th 2012
What if I talk about OpenPhobos in a public channel?

June 11, 2012, 07:57:57 PM
Staff

Actually, that isn't very clear in our rules at the moment, as it wasn't really a problem we have discussed. But I guess it's good to plan ahead, so I've changed it now. Thanks for asking.

Simply mentioning 'OpenPhobos' servers will be tolerated. But in-depth conversations about them are not allowed because OpenPhobos servers break the EULA that you accept when you use our software. Guardians will usually give warnings before punishing for this violation, and punishments will be minor (24 hours for a first violation). But if players repeatedly talk about OpenPhobos after that, then punishments will very quickly get harsher.

Advertising an OpenPhobos server is different however. This would get you a 28 day account banishment. If after that you break the same rule again, then you're going to get a permanent banishment. This way accounts made just to advertise this sort of thing will be removed without too much disruption.

The problem is that there's a fine line between mentioning and advertising. That will have to be left up to the Guardian to decide. But if in any doubt, the Guardian will just warn you.

June 11, 2012, 09:08:50 PM
Tester

Rob wrote:

Xanobi wrote:
Is there any way to follow all the items in game? I know its kinda big deal but its what i liked most when played WoW. Never got hacked though but in case i had i didnt worry about lost items, just sayin.
Do you mean tracking where items go after being hacked?

Something like that. The game is made the way that every time you logout, your character saves and if anything happens to your account its possible to revert it back to previous state, that way they made it impossible or actually worthless to hack any accounts since items and character modifications are reverted back to original. This system has proven to be very user friendly because we all know that if someone lacks computer protection its very likely to get attacked sooner or later. I know its the users fault most of the time but it happens fast that you open infected file and you dont even know about it.

June 11, 2012, 09:42:27 PM
Tester

Rob wrote:
  • Racist statement - minimum 7 day account banishment

Goodbye to one of the best forms of humor.

Rob wrote:
  • Ingame trades for real-life items - 28 day banishment

So basically earning money off of gold will be illegal?

June 11, 2012, 10:37:30 PM
Staff

Character: Till
kirvis wrote:
Rob wrote:

Still racism. However, note that as long as you keep your racist jokes in a private conversation and all involved parties are fine with it, you are unlikely to be banished for it. Of course we do not encourage you to do so, quite the opposite. You will most definitely be punished for it when you make these jokes in public channels and/or when they are taken as insults and are reported by someone. This should be very clear though, we all know racism is bad.

kirvis wrote:
Rob wrote:
  • Ingame trades for real-life items - 28 day banishment

So basically earning money off of gold will be illegal?

Yes. You shouldn't be able to buy yourself an ingame advantage without having to put effort into the game itself.

June 12, 2012, 12:01:06 AM
Tester

Character: El Diablo
Clan: Akai'Zhar
Rob wrote:
Actually, that isn't very clear in our rules at the moment, as it wasn't really a problem we have discussed. But I guess it's good to plan ahead, so I've changed it now. Thanks for asking.

Simply mentioning 'OpenPhobos' servers will be tolerated. But in-depth conversations about them are not allowed because OpenPhobos servers break the EULA that you accept when you use our software. Guardians will usually give warnings before punishing for this violation, and punishments will be minor (24 hours for a first violation). But if players repeatedly talk about OpenPhobos after that, then punishments will very quickly get harsher.

Advertising an OpenPhobos server is different however. This would get you a 28 day account banishment. If after that you break the same rule again, then you're going to get a permanent banishment. This way accounts made just to advertise this sort of thing will be removed without too much disruption.

The problem is that there's a fine line between mentioning and advertising. That will have to be left up to the Guardian to decide. But if in any doubt, the Guardian will just warn you.

Way down the line Open Phobos servers(OP's) should be tolerated as they do bring traffic to the game indirectly. In the end you will still have a community from people who enjoy the game and wish for servers that will be reliable. Players will stay in TLM servers especially if you support and have OP's boards within your own forums for them because they will see both sides within one website. The only reason I don't keep up with Tibia anymore is because I visit OT websites more than Tibia itself. Though, that may be Cipsofts blame.

I personally don't play Tibia anymore because I don't enjoy the route tibia has taken from the community and how their staff handles issues. I believe that's why tibia has been suffering lately. If the Phobos staff correctly attune to their community they can keep them. A happy player is a committed player.

Of course, this is all my mere speculation. Don't take anything I said as claimed facts.

17:13 Dfgdfd has been banned due to being a stupid noob.
20:42 Lolgm has been banned due to being a asswhipe :S.

June 12, 2012, 12:35:27 AM
Tester

Character: Sir Vitor
Xanobi wrote:
Rob wrote:

Xanobi wrote:
Is there any way to follow all the items in game? I know its kinda big deal but its what i liked most when played WoW. Never got hacked though but in case i had i didnt worry about lost items, just sayin.
Do you mean tracking where items go after being hacked?

Something like that. The game is made the way that every time you logout, your character saves and if anything happens to your account its possible to revert it back to previous state, that way they made it impossible or actually worthless to hack any accounts since items and character modifications are reverted back to original. This system has proven to be very user friendly because we all know that if someone lacks computer protection its very likely to get attacked sooner or later. I know its the users fault most of the time but it happens fast that you open infected file and you dont even know about it.

The problem with that is, even if you revert the character to their original state, the items stolen would have moved to another person(kinda cloning the item). Unless there is a system that identifies each specific item, so that it would remove it from the person that has stolen it, it would work...

June 12, 2012, 12:39:38 AM
Tester

Character: Ricardo
I don't know how many team members you'll be able to spare to see to those stuff. Nevertheless it's important to implement a report system so we, players, are able to report spam and stuff even by private messages and when no law enforcement team members are online.

June 14, 2012, 04:14:15 AM
Tester

Character: johnny-Ceyco
Clan: S0A
Till wrote:
kirvis wrote:
Rob wrote:

Still racism. However, note that as long as you keep your racist jokes in a private conversation and all involved parties are fine with it, you are unlikely to be banished for it. Of course we do not encourage you to do so, quite the opposite. You will most definitely be punished for it when you make these jokes in public channels and/or when they are taken as insults and are reported by someone. This should be very clear though, we all know racism is bad.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just have one question as to above post.
im just wondering what if say you died over an over trying to get back to your body an your just angry an lashing out would it still be a ban as you were just angry at yourself, would he/she be able to explain there actions?
an how would this person explain there action if they are banned cause by the time he/she did so by email it would prob take seven days to be explained then he/she would be unbanned by then.
Will there be any solution as to be able to talk to a guardian one on one or live chat on website/ a trusted skype or msn or any other option.

Not saying he/she should just accept there action an come back in seven days they would have known they where wrong, but i mean i know when people get upset they will lash out in public chat or in town.

thanks if this can be answered

you's Ceyco 8) :king:

~******Keep Your Loved Ones Close An Your Enemey's Closer!!!******~

June 14, 2012, 12:30:44 PM
The Old Dwarf

Character: Mezur Stonecutter
Clan: Dwarfhood
IF you're really angry and want to swear, you usually use your mouth and pronounce the words. The moment you start typing them, you're usually past that angry I-want-to-swear moment.

June 14, 2012, 01:33:50 PM
Tester

Naw, I enjoy swearing. It's part of my lingo

June 14, 2012, 06:17:53 PM
The Old Dwarf

Drawnraven wrote:

I quote Rob:

Quote:
Cursing in public channel - verbal warning, temporary banishment if repeated

Still sure it's part of your lingo?

June 14, 2012, 07:08:44 PM
Tester

Torbjørn wrote:
Drawnraven wrote:

I quote Rob:

Quote:
Cursing in public channel - verbal warning, temporary banishment if repeated

Still sure it's part of your lingo?

Very :)

June 14, 2012, 08:49:52 PM
Tester

Character: Socera boladaum
Clan: Brotherhood Ruthless
Sharing account - Will be tolerated? If not,how will be checked?

Using Portuguese in Boards and Channels - Any language restriction?

Advertising Phobos Related websites - Can I Advertise fansites?

Non-ingame Events with in-game awards - Real-life party or forum contest giving game itens

I was the Eggman. Now i'm the walrus!

June 16, 2012, 04:17:36 PM
The Old Dwarf

Socera boladaum wrote:
Sharing account - Will be tolerated? If not,how will be checked?

Using Portuguese in Boards and Channels - Any language restriction?

Advertising Phobos Related websites - Can I Advertise fansites?

Non-ingame Events with in-game awards - Real-life party or forum contest giving game itens

1) Not tolerated.

2) In main channel, yes. Public channels such as world chat, trade etc; no.

3) Not fully discussed yet.

4) I can't see why you shouldn't be allowed to give away your own items.

June 17, 2012, 07:30:07 AM