It is currently October 19, 2017, 02:53:44 AM

New ideas in 2013 
Staff

Post New ideas in 2013
Dear Diary,

Long time no see, eh? Woo!! 2013...Great promises on this year. First of all it seems we're finally getting things to click. I'm pretty damn excited about our game. Specially cause I'm up to defend my thesis on Drug design next month! (You know I'm a biologist and also work with molecular modeling - just like a pharmacist would, right?)...What I mean by that is that I'll get plenty much more time to dedicate myself to REAL GAME ART!

As a concept artist, I'm currently doing a few things?! Latest bit of art I took my pen upon was some spell buttons for Inconcessus 3D animations. Cool minutes of digital painting! Hehe kinda pumped me to this talk I got with Tim on skype. Now a lot of new concepts and sprites are secretly being done by us. My last shot was a creature... a really fun drawing? Not something really presentable to our community as a final art. But it was really fun to sketch that, so I'm pinning this on this page of yours, my Diary.

Nice to check you again. I'll try to keep in touch, the best I can.

Attachments:
dryad.jpg
dryad.jpg [ 126.44 KiB | Viewed 5983 times ]

"A rising tide lifts all boats..."
January 18, 2013, 06:14:25 AM
Tester

Character: El Diablo
Clan: Akai'Zhar
Post Re: New ideas in 2013
Wohoo Neato! That's going to be an interesting creature.

17:13 Dfgdfd has been banned due to being a stupid noob.
20:42 Lolgm has been banned due to being a asswhipe :S.

January 18, 2013, 07:01:21 AM
Tester

January 18, 2013, 10:23:26 AM
Tester

Character: Ricardo
Nice diary entry, André, as always.

January 18, 2013, 11:00:01 AM
Tester

Character: Stinking Hippy
Clan: Order of the Beetle
Some kind of tree creature ? Nice :like: and Inconcessus has made some spells ? Even better :D

January 18, 2013, 04:00:13 PM
Tester

Character: Havy Glory
Clan: Brotherhood Ruthless
dat ass LOLLLL
very nice diary

January 18, 2013, 05:22:36 PM
Tester

Lol pharmacists don't do molecular modelling. Pharmacists hand out drugs. Research scientists are the modelers.

What's your thesis on anywho? I'm a chemist myself, so don't dumb it down :P . I assume you are doing docking calculations and enzyme catalysis if you are talking about drug design. I've done a bit of that in the past with glyphosate (round-up) and mandelate racemase (separate projects), so my curiosity is piqued.

TheEdibleNapkin@hotmail.com

January 19, 2013, 08:12:29 AM
Staff

New that's weird, The Edible Napkin! Never would tell you were a chemist! Haha! Sweet tho! And I WILL go TOTALLY OFF-TOPIC now. hahaa
Hold it for a private chat via PMs if you please to continue this conversation. xD

My thesis is based on Cardiovascular Diseases and the development of anti-thrombotic drugs from scratch. I've done a deep structure-activity relationship analysis of a big library of anti-thrombotic drugs using molecular and quantum mechanics (ab initio calculations).

After a while I started to see patterns on it, created a library of the compounds synthesized by our Chemistry Dept. in University, and selected the most promising molecules for anti-haemostatic activities out of it.

Further I reveal that they have the same stereoeletronic properties as commertial anti-thrombotic drugs, and docked em with a particular molecular target (Factor Xa - a protein from our coagulation cascade). After ranking the molecules as theoretically most-and-less active through this computational approach I've tested em in vitro and found the very expected results. Molecules were active and ranked exactly like I did before in silico.
That showed how an in silico molecular approach can help in lead prototypes identification. And after showing that, I've made the synthetic route of 3 novel compounds that hold an even better molecular features set towards anti-thrombotic therapy.

"A rising tide lifts all boats..."

January 19, 2013, 01:28:02 PM
The Old Dwarf

Character: Mezur Stonecutter
Clan: Dwarfhood
Andre wrote:
New that's weird, The Edible Napkin! Never would tell you were a chemist! Haha! Sweet tho! And I WILL go TOTALLY OFF-TOPIC now. hahaa
Hold it for a private chat via PMs if you please to continue this conversation. xD

My thesis is based on Cardiovascular Diseases and the development of anti-thrombotic drugs from scratch. I've done a deep structure-activity relationship analysis of a big library of anti-thrombotic drugs using molecular and quantum mechanics (ab initio calculations).

After a while I started to see patterns on it, created a library of the compounds synthesized by our Chemistry Dept. in University, and selected the most promising molecules for anti-haemostatic activities out of it.

Further I reveal that they have the same stereoeletronic properties as commertial anti-thrombotic drugs, and docked em with a particular molecular target (Factor Xa - a protein from our coagulation cascade). After ranking the molecules as theoretically most-and-less active through this computational approach I've tested em in vitro and found the very expected results. Molecules were active and ranked exactly like I did before in silico.
That showed how an in silico molecular approach can help in lead prototypes identification. And after showing that, I've made the synthetic route of 3 novel compounds that hold an even better molecular features set towards anti-thrombotic therapy.

January 19, 2013, 02:02:00 PM