It is currently November 23, 2017, 02:38:41 AM

[TS] They need help, not trouble! 
Tester

Clan: Crazy Motherfuckers
Post [TS] They need help, not trouble!
I don't understand the reason why some people are complaining. I do like freedom of speech, but I also like reason. That two beautiful things always stay closer when I write. (I always try it, at least.)

We are in beta TS! Good thing!
The game will be free to play when released! Again, good thing! So what?

I'll reproduce a snippet I wrote before:
Whitehat wrote:
Although we can have a little fun by testing some specific features or finding some bugs, like I do :yes: , we are not here to only have fun. Mainly, we are here to help.

We still are not clients. We are volunteers. We are contributors. I believe that we are helping them because all of us trust them, and we do want the computer game Phobos to be special.
(...)
The future already is waiting for us. Be patient, dear friends.

That's why the staff is giving this particular way as an option:
http://forum.phobosonline.com/viewtopic.php?p=79024&f=17#p79024 wrote:
[*] Post an application to join the beta on the Applications forum. Keep in mind that doing this will not guarantee that you’ll be able to access the beta. But as the beta goes on and more areas are opened to testing we will accept more applications.

They need help, not trouble!

Now let's talk about money. (The staff will care about money, eventually, but still isn't the right time.)

At least 83 people have earned the supporter status since October 11 (you can check it: memberlist.php?g=766&sk=c&sd=d&mode=group&start=80 (I don't like black magic.)). I'm counting just the 'new' people. Let's suppose that each of them only donated 5 euros. Yes, I'm being realistic (you can also check it: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5897 and viewtopic.php?f=17&t=571). So the sum of donations since October 11 would be 415 euros. Listen, I'll not calculate variations as it will not distort the basis of my point here.

See http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=EURUSD=X. (Brazilians see http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=EURBRL=X.) Do you really think that it's about money? Now you answer me. Ya, it makes no sense. (Consider that the staff has 15 members. I mean, how much just one hour of work 'costs' for each of them?)

The money, I guess, is intended for two things:
    1) Stimulus. "Keep going, staff! Don't stop! We really want to see this game out there! You rock!"
    2) To cover the basic and real costs, like those related to the website, network bandwidth, game server, energy, etc.

By the way, 415 euros would be 27% of all donations (since 2006), I guess, now with variations. Am I close, staff?

I agree with some people in this sense: the staff should make people well informed about what's going on inside the private sections of these forums, and should consider releasing some screenshots to regular members of these forums, as supporters or testers really can not do it.

Again: be patient,
wh.

PhobosWorld.com: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6231
Why I'm here: viewtopic.php?p=81410#p81410

Please correct me if I am wrong so I can learn from my mistakes and everyone else reading can also learn from their similar mistakes.

Defending the constitution is expensive! (Lavabit)

Last edited by Whitehat on November 08, 2013, 08:11:27 PM, edited 1 time in total.

November 08, 2013, 07:20:45 AM
Tester

Post Re: [TS] They need help, not trouble!
Quote:
I agree with some people in this sense: the staff should make people well informed about what's going on inside the private sections of these forums, and should consider releasing some screenshots to regular members of these forums, as supporters or testers really can not do it.

That's all we want. Or at least that's what I want and what would satisfy me :P

November 08, 2013, 02:27:44 PM
Tester

Character: Meryl
Clan: Vulpes
I also want it too.
And I think that it's what everyone wants.

November 08, 2013, 02:38:06 PM
Tester

Whitehat wrote:
(...)We still are not clients. We are volunteers. We are contributors. I believe that we are helping them because all of us trust them, and we do want the computer game Phobos to be special.
(...)

At the moment that you had to pay to be alowed on the Beta, you are a client. If I enter, than I'm going to be a volunteer, as I didn't paid for anything.

But for the rest, I do agree with you.
Some photos would be nice, so the rest of us can see how is everything going on, just a sneak preview, and maybe some more people would donate to be able to see more.

November 08, 2013, 04:04:58 PM
Tester

Character: Celix
Clan: Order of the Beetle
Pereira wrote:
Whitehat wrote:
(...)We still are not clients. We are volunteers. We are contributors. I believe that we are helping them because all of us trust them, and we do want the computer game Phobos to be special.
(...)

At the moment that you had to pay to be alowed on the Beta, you are a client. If I enter, than I'm going to be a volunteer, as I didn't paid for anything.

But for the rest, I do agree with you.
Some photos would be nice, so the rest of us can see how is everything going on, just a sneak preview, and maybe some more people would donate to be able to see more.

It's a donation, not a payment.

November 08, 2013, 05:50:37 PM
Tester

Well put, Celix. I believe he didn't examine it carefully.

Please correct me if I am wrong so I can learn from my mistakes and everyone else reading can also learn from their similar mistakes.

November 08, 2013, 08:27:33 PM
Tester

-I will only say one thing, "teams want to build a game? Invest!
-idiots donate them to a help? hahahaha
-a team would have to pay for people to test server!
-about the money hoster? -not say anything!

"idiots, I lost a lot of time in this game failed."

November 12, 2013, 06:48:02 PM
Tester

Well, I came from the free software community. My working life could be resumed as the following: I go from here to there, from a cyberspace to another one, just to build things together with people. Computer stuff, in the most part.

When I code, sometimes the software goes on, but sometimes it doesn't. When the first case happens, no matter what follows the success of the software in question, what matter is that, somehow, the software is being useful.

I'm not coding in this community, however I've been trying to help in some way every time I wrote. I could be a pain in the ass sometimes, as one has already said, but if the objector looks closer at my point, he/she will see that the question in fact is more objective than it seems to be (if it seems to be at all).

So, why am I here?

Because I want to be, and like everyone in here, I'm free to leave.
Because working for this community makes my mind relaxed and good.
Because I can smile when I play Phobos with my colleagues, and I know they are also smiling behind the 'wall'...

And for me, until there is anyone who smiles, who feels better about life, this project in particular really worth!

But, as always, I'm really glad to see your opinion,
So thank you,
w.h.

Last edited by Whitehat on November 12, 2013, 10:19:31 PM, edited 1 time in total.

November 12, 2013, 10:16:43 PM
Tester

Character: johnny-Ceyco
Clan: S0A
Well. People are still complaining. I for one have been around for long enough to say it does suck to wait but its a good wait..

Also there is videos on youtube of the past beta...If you want to see some of how phobos is look it up.

An they also said people who don't donate will get in, in time so whats a little bit more of waiting? An if you just cant wait donate? it's 5$.. not that much of money thats 3 coffes lol.

Give it time an more things will come :D

Your's Ceyco

Have a great day :)

~******Keep Your Loved Ones Close An Your Enemey's Closer!!!******~

November 12, 2013, 10:19:04 PM
Tester

Character: Meryl
Clan: Vulpes
Whitehat wrote:
Well, I came from the free software community. My working life could be resumed as the following: I go from here to there, from a cyberspace to another one, just to build things together with people. Computer stuff, in the most part.

When I code, sometimes the software goes on, but sometimes it doesn't. When the first case happens, no matter what follows the success of the software in question, what matter is that, somehow, the software is being useful.

I'm not coding in this community, however I've been trying to help in some way every time I wrote. I could be a pain in the ass sometimes, as one has already said, but if the objector looks closer at my point, he/she will see that the question in fact is more objective than it seems to be (if it seems to be at all).

So, why am I here?

Because I want to be, and like everyone in here, I'm free to leave.
Because working for this community makes my mind relaxed and good.
Because I can smile when I play Phobos with my colleagues, and I know they are also smiling behind the 'wall'...

And for me, until there is anyone who smiles, who feels better about life, this project in particular really worth!

But, as always, I'm really glad to see your opinion,
So thank you,
w.h.

You just resumed my whole life.

November 12, 2013, 11:06:31 PM