It is currently December 17, 2017, 08:43:02 PM




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173  Next
 To-do list (Updated: 12/10/2013) 
Author Message
Newcomer
User avatar

Joined: June 23, 2009, 02:58:31 AM
Posts: 18
Location: Venezuela
Post Re: To-do list (Updated: 12/10/2013)
I'm not involving anyone, I'm just exposing facts about the relationship between company and followers.

Agent Green wrote:
We are a group of people with a love for 2d iso grid based games.

I don't know why you feel like they owe you something by trying to make a game and involving other people with the same passion.
Why do you think this is a business?
Nobody gets paid, no money is made and a few people have donated to access the testing of the game.


That's exactly what I call a sassy behaviour. You're being the face of Myth Entertainment in this.

This has been like this for more than 8 years. But that's not the issue, Chinese Democracy (Guns N' Roses' album) was like that, and Path of Exile (even thou they were more prudent and committed to the game they developed that you guys, creating forums and stuff). The matter here is that you guys are having the b@lls of saying "stuff still happening behind the scenes" after EIGHT freaking years! What a big trolling! That's being unrespectful to the followers. You must consider this seriously, if you really want the critics and the gamer community to take you as a serious company or... developer "group", as you call it.


November 10, 2014, 09:09:43 PM
Profile
Administrator

Joined: March 30, 2006, 03:55:59 PM
Posts: 2242
Location: The Netherlands
Post Re: To-do list (Updated: 12/10/2013)
SamKiud,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel upset by our statement of still working on the game. However I do not like your tone of doing so. We're trying to be friendly on this forum, and we're informing everyone as much as we feel needed. I understand that you do not find this forum to contain enough information. That's fine, you could ask nicely for more information. But you should know that people do not lie here, we've just pushed out a new update. I can understand that you did not get the update because the game is in beta and you do not have access to it. You might want to read more on that here.

SamKiud wrote:
This has been like this for more than 8 years. But that's not the issue, Chinese Democracy (Guns N' Roses' album) was like that, and Path of Exile (even thou they were more prudent and committed to the game they developed that you guys, creating forums and stuff). The matter here is that you guys are having the b@lls of saying "stuff still happening behind the scenes" after EIGHT freaking years! What a big trolling! That's being unrespectful to the followers. You must consider this seriously, if you really want the critics and the gamer community to take you as a serious company or... developer "group", as you call it.


What's wrong with still working on a game after 8 years? That's what I call commitment. That's what I call taking responsibility. I dare you to find a non-profit game project running for 8 years with over a dozen volunteers.

Kind regards,
Robbert

_________________
Image


November 10, 2014, 11:09:13 PM
Profile
Tester
User avatar

Joined: February 28, 2013, 12:21:50 AM
Posts: 135
Location: Sweden
Post Re: To-do list (Updated: 12/10/2013)
@Robbert

I believe this will be a big game, but could you tell about how much time it will be needed to be done? percent?

2ND QUESTION: How many worlds will it be? 1, 2, 3? If it will be only if so will it be non pvp or pvp?

_________________
Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose - Yoda


November 12, 2014, 02:26:42 AM
Profile
Administrator

Joined: March 30, 2006, 03:55:59 PM
Posts: 2242
Location: The Netherlands
Post Re: To-do list (Updated: 12/10/2013)
He Zuberi,

Define "done". Right now the game is in beta and therefore playable. The question is when the game will be enjoyable for a longer time. This just requires a lot of content and some interesting features. It'd love to give you a date for that, but I have no idea myself.

The worlds question is a very difficult one. Let's just say we've got a lot of plans for that. :)

_________________
Image


November 14, 2014, 01:31:38 PM
Profile
Tester
User avatar

Joined: December 07, 2009, 08:23:05 PM
Posts: 66
Location: The Netherlands
Post Re: To-do list (Updated: 12/10/2013)
Please, please, just stop fooling yourself and the potential players of this game, eventually.

Stop fooling everyone. Stop living in this self made bubble of yours, because it will pop, and when it does, it will leave you with such an empty feeling, that you will finally realize you have wasted a great amount of your lives on this project which will never be successfull, despite what people say about it. You do not have the proper management to launch this game into a successfull one. And why is that? It is because of your egos taking over, and that happened due to everyone saying this game would be amazing and all of that positive nonsense.

Face the reality for once, all the staff members here keep spouting nonsense about what when and how of this game. Just stop it, and stop telling yourselves this game will actually come into being and will be successfull. Stop living in dreams.

You have taken people their donation money, and what did they receive in return? A meager little play in the beta mode? Why thanks, but I'd rather have frequent, honest updates. Stop kidding yourselves and us.

_________________
People who ask our advice almost never take it. Yet we should never refuse to give it, upon request, for it often helps us to see our own way more clearly.

//Valos


November 14, 2014, 06:16:08 PM
Profile
Tester
User avatar

Joined: August 30, 2010, 09:03:35 PM
Posts: 101
Location: Poland
Character: Bacjusz Merryeye
Clan: Starzy Wyjadacze
Post Re: To-do list (Updated: 12/10/2013)
Somehow I remember Valos. I believe I met him in Zezenia and he was a total dick. Just a quick resume of his personality.


November 14, 2014, 06:56:42 PM
Profile
Tester

Joined: April 18, 2014, 06:48:00 PM
Posts: 151
Character: Atlantes
Post Re: To-do list (Updated: 12/10/2013)
I don't see what your complaining about. They promised beta access for your donation and that's what you got. For $6 or whatever I donated I'm quite pleased with it until now.


November 14, 2014, 10:19:40 PM
Profile
Tester
User avatar

Joined: June 10, 2008, 08:55:09 PM
Posts: 966
Location: England
Character: Stinking Hippy
Clan: Order of the Beetle
Post Re: To-do list (Updated: 12/10/2013)
I have never been fooled into believing the hype. That hype is more from the community than from any of the team. If you are stupid enough to believe then that is your own fault not theirs.

I have never seen them post that it will be the best game ever, give a release date or say they have been working as best as they can. Keep your hatred of their dreams to yourself.

Why not try to help instead of hindering their progress.

"We thought of life by analogy with a journey, with a pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end and the thing was to get to that end. Success or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But we missed the point the whole way along. It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing or to dance while the music was being played". ~ Alan Watts


November 15, 2014, 01:17:53 AM
Profile
Tester

Joined: April 22, 2013, 04:33:15 PM
Posts: 133
Location: Brazil
Post Re: To-do list (Updated: 12/10/2013)
Valos wrote:
Please, please, just stop fooling yourself and the potential players of this game, eventually.

Stop fooling everyone. Stop living in this self made bubble of yours, because it will pop, and when it does, it will leave you with such an empty feeling, that you will finally realize you have wasted a great amount of your lives on this project which will never be successfull, despite what people say about it. You do not have the proper management to launch this game into a successfull one. And why is that? It is because of your egos taking over, and that happened due to everyone saying this game would be amazing and all of that positive nonsense.

Face the reality for once, all the staff members here keep spouting nonsense about what when and how of this game. Just stop it, and stop telling yourselves this game will actually come into being and will be successfull. Stop living in dreams.

You have taken people their donation money, and what did they receive in return? A meager little play in the beta mode? Why thanks, but I'd rather have frequent, honest updates. Stop kidding yourselves and us.


Are you for real? Or is this some kind of joke? :shock:

_________________
https://phoboswiki.com/


November 15, 2014, 02:36:10 AM
Profile
Tester
User avatar

Joined: December 07, 2009, 08:23:05 PM
Posts: 66
Location: The Netherlands
Post Re: To-do list (Updated: 12/10/2013)
Bacjusz wrote:
Somehow I remember Valos. I believe I met him in Zezenia and he was a total dick. Just a quick resume of his personality.


For some reason I do not remember you, probably because you were upset by the harsh truths I put out there as well as here, or more likely, because I had better things to do than to put up with people like you whom I never even spoke with thus, your claim of me being a dick is not even substantiated, and goes out merely from a statement not to your liking. How presumptious of yourself. Who is the dick now?

It's just a shame most of you don't realize the bubble you're all sitting in, just waiting to explode as this game with all its promises just won't deliver despite what they have you believe. No Gavriel, I am not kidding. Hope the developer team of Phobos will be honest with you for once, and I mean the absolute truth and not half truths as they have presented for so long.

Attack me all you want, if I piss off people, then it is because the core of my message seems to hurt the ego of some of you, because it reflects the truth no one of you want to see.

_________________
People who ask our advice almost never take it. Yet we should never refuse to give it, upon request, for it often helps us to see our own way more clearly.

//Valos


November 17, 2014, 09:50:17 AM
Profile
Newcomer
User avatar

Joined: June 23, 2009, 02:58:31 AM
Posts: 18
Location: Venezuela
Post Re: To-do list (Updated: 12/10/2013)
Valos wrote:
if I piss off people, then it is because the core of my message seems to hurt the ego of some of you, because it reflects the truth no one of you want to see.


They will say you're being offensive and that there's nothing wrong about what they're doing (or not doing). The most sassy thing, they will tell you to "please, don't be like that", but what can they expect as feedback from a community that have been waiting almost 9 years for the releasing of this so called "project", I mean, I was 13 years old when this was announced and now I'm 22. They should probably had to make clear this was going to be a game for the next generation, because there's no way I'm going to stick with this as I did with Tibia or Zezenia. I'm too old for a 2D MMORPG now, not even considering the fact that is hard to take seriously a company (Myth Entertainment), or a group of people as they called themself, that have been so negligent about their game and their followers/community, I mean, should they expect updates, support and assitance after this treatment? Look at Zezenia now, that's an example of that.

Look at threads like this:

Donate now!
http://forum.phobosonline.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=571

Are you kidding me??? "Donate now!"???


November 17, 2014, 11:03:32 AM
Profile
Tester
User avatar

Joined: March 31, 2006, 04:33:47 PM
Posts: 911
Location: Sweden
Character: Celix
Clan: Order of the Beetle
Post Re: To-do list (Updated: 12/10/2013)
What's your problem?

This is and has always been a hobby project, the goal was never to make a commercial game to earn money. That means that they are all doing this in their free time only because they like it and they want to do it. They never made any promises that it would be the greatest game ever or that it would soon be released or anything like that. Also, a donation means that you are giving money without expecting something in return, but yet everyone seems to not know this. The team has given us exactly what they said, if you had greater thoughts and hyped it up, that is your own fault.

So if you don't like the game or have any hopes for it, why are you here?

_________________
For the true roleplaying in Phobos - Order of The Beetle


November 17, 2014, 02:58:25 PM
Profile
Tester
User avatar

Joined: June 10, 2008, 08:55:09 PM
Posts: 966
Location: England
Character: Stinking Hippy
Clan: Order of the Beetle
Post Re: To-do list (Updated: 12/10/2013)
SamKiud wrote:
I'm too old for a 2D MMORPG now

Why are you bitching about a game not being finished when you say yourself you are too old to even play the game?

Valos wrote:
It's just a shame most of you don't realize the bubble you're all sitting in, just waiting to explode as this game with all its promises just won't deliver despite what they have you believe.

Do you actually read what anybody is saying besides opinions you agree with?

Valos wrote:
For some reason I do not remember you, probably because you were upset by the harsh truths I put out there as well as here, or more likely, because I had better things to do than to put up with people like you whom I never even spoke with

Or because you don't listen to anybody and believe your opinion is right.

Actually read what Robbert has posted.

Robbert wrote:
Define "done". Right now the game is in beta and therefore playable. The question is when the game will be enjoyable for a longer time. This just requires a lot of content and some interesting features. It'd love to give you a date for that, but I have no idea myself.)

The game is 'Playable'. The game is not 'enjoyable for a longer time'. The game 'requires a lot of content'.

Valos, you are the only person being fooled by your own stupidity.


November 18, 2014, 03:27:44 AM
Profile
Newcomer
User avatar

Joined: June 23, 2009, 02:58:31 AM
Posts: 18
Location: Venezuela
Post Re: To-do list (Updated: 12/10/2013)
Based on what you just quoted, I would say stupidity is to be willing to wait another 9 years sitting in the same bubble.

No, I'm not bitching about the game not being finished. I'm bitching about the sassy, impudent, overbold, cheeky and blatant attitude that leads the staff to say "Stuff is still happening behind the scenes guys!" after 9 years of "development", and then after saying that, go even further by saying that the project is "not enjoyable for a longer time" and it "requires a lot of content". It could be better if the staff instead decided to stay quite, at the prudent, cautious, modest, inconspicuous way, considering the fact that have been 9 years already. It's simply natural, after those words, to expect a negative feedback from players like Valos, me... or this guy:

Exmind wrote:
I'm quite happy i did not donate because i'd regret it now, especially reading that post. :no:


It seems like you guys have a lot to learn about the gaming world and how to manage a community.


November 18, 2014, 05:56:37 AM
Profile
Staff
User avatar

Joined: March 30, 2006, 08:22:14 PM
Posts: 3530
Location: UK
Post Re: To-do list (Updated: 12/10/2013)
I should first mention that I am currently writing a progress update for non-supporters so that they're not completely in the dark about where the game is right now. Although of course I had to stop to respond to this... thing. Several forum members have previously mentioned that they feel that we should be looking to increase our communication with non-testers in particular, and we agree.

We do try our best to be open to constructive criticism. However, Valos and SamKiud, your recent comments in this thread are very general, unhelpful and as far as I can see you are not contributing anything to any meaningful discussion. Nobody is keeping you here if you don't want to be here. Moreover, SamKiud, you are not part of the beta and so you are not in a position to speak about the progress of Phobos; especially since—as I said above—we have had very little communication with non-testers regarding this.

We have not attempted to mislead anyone, and we are waiting for you to provide us with examples of where we have. Examples that is, not a general feeling that you think we are "sassy" because of our unsatisfactory need to pay rent, bills and living costs. And as for us saying that Phobos "requires a lot of content", I fail to see how this is anything but cautious and modest.

But if you do find a genuine example of this, please do let us know so that we can fix it, because that wasn't our intention and so must have been done in error.

Failing that, this 'discussion' has gone on long enough, and has wasted enough of everybody's time. Future posts on this subject which are not constructive or helpful, or at least based on some reasonable logic, will be deleted and further action taken if necessary.


November 18, 2014, 06:39:16 AM
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.