Drop rate

Want to hear the latest rumours about Phobos? Or just want to talk with others about Phobos? Enter the Common Room!
Xurique
Tester

February 26, 2017, 06:43:14 PM

Hi!

I just hit lvl 33 and skeleton warriors give less xp think it was 310 now its 210!

But the thing is now they seem to drop like nothing? before 33 ii could fill many bps of loot! atm i'v done 90% and barely got anything!?!

tried relogg and counted 30 killed warriors 4 gave loot and sum coins...

so my question is is it bugged or doz the drop rate change once xp changed from higher lvl?
Lans
Tester
Character: Lans

February 26, 2017, 10:42:03 PM

You were level 23 yesterday.

You got 10 levels on just Skeleton Warriors and Plague Zombies and had profit on all levels.

The loot got adjusted and its now uncommon as it should have been before.
Some people still profit on them.
Lucal Deths
Tester
Character: Big Slug
Clan: Dwarven Order

February 27, 2017, 04:35:37 AM

I've never really profited much on warriors on my cleric :/. I've never really profited on much of anything really. I pretty much stay broke. I used to camp single spawn cave trolls for gauntlet drops when they were 25k each, just so I could have money to hunt.
Xurique
Tester

February 27, 2017, 07:04:12 PM

Lans wrote:You were level 23 yesterday.

You got 10 levels on just Skeleton Warriors and Plague Zombies and had profit on all levels.

The loot got adjusted and its now uncommon as it should have been before.
Some people still profit on them.

so if we hunt sometinh alot drop rate gets changed? dunno if thats good or bad :p Can u confirm this or its just what you think?

Rob an answer? ^^
Lans
Tester
Character: Lans

February 28, 2017, 04:47:03 PM

It`s about balancing and make you explore more than just a fortress.

If you just hunt the same thing until you reach the level cap you`re not really involved in the game.

Also, all monsters should have an exp/loot balance.
I can confirm right now that Skeleton Warriors and Plagues are how they are supposed to be, great exp and decent loot.
You can still loot rares from them if you keep hunting.

Eventually you will have to hunt something else.
Before the loot rebalance and monsters buff, you could start hunting there at level 10 and go all the way to 40.
Rob
Administrator

March 02, 2017, 02:52:34 AM

NOTE: This isn't a bug so I've moved this thread into the discussion forum.

The logic behind this feature is as follows:
  • If you're not being challenged by a monster during combat, why should you be rewarded for killing it?
  • If you're hunting the same monster for 10 or 20 or 30 levels, you're only experiencing a tiny fraction of the game (like Lans said).
  • If you remove the problem of higher levels being able to farm easy monsters for easy money, then you can get away with increasing loot drop rate to further incentivise lower level characters hunting these more challenging monsters. This meant that we could increase the loot drop for almost every monster in game with the last major update.
Please feel free to continue talking about it and any problems that you think it might cause.

Rob
Xurique
Tester

March 02, 2017, 08:49:50 PM

The for answering!

I pretty much just wanted it to be clarified :)

it came as a shock so i wasnt rlly rdy for it hah!

so whats the % rate after the `"change"?
Chaosweaver
Tester

March 02, 2017, 10:54:12 PM

Rob wrote:NOTE: This isn't a bug so I've moved this thread into the discussion forum.

The logic behind this feature is as follows:
  • If you're not being challenged by a monster during combat, why should you be rewarded for killing it?
  • If you're hunting the same monster for 10 or 20 or 30 levels, you're only experiencing a tiny fraction of the game (like Lans said).
  • If you remove the problem of higher levels being able to farm easy monsters for easy money, then you can get away with increasing loot drop rate to further incentivise lower level characters hunting these more challenging monsters. This meant that we could increase the loot drop for almost every monster in game with the last major update.
Please feel free to continue talking about it and any problems that you think it might cause.

Rob
So you're saying after this update there's now loot reductions the same way as experience reductions for higher levels? If so can you quantify these reductions?
Xurique
Tester

March 03, 2017, 05:25:13 PM

ya thats what I understood it as!

also would like to know the % change/avarage
Varlom
Tester
Character: Varlom

March 03, 2017, 06:57:38 PM

I see two flaws on this system:

Its not so good idea for classes dependant on mana flasks like mages or ranger (like me) when you are high lvl ~45-50.

You have to hunt hard monsters to gain exp.
In order to hunt them you have to spend cash on flasks.
You cant get cash for mana potions while hunting something weaker since they wont give you their loot.

Other backfire is a situation when you add to game item that could be good choice for certain classes and they are lootable from not that high lvl monsters like Beastmaster battle robe. If im like lvl 49 and want to get it for myself - it could take me days to loot it.

Im not saying that this system is completely wrong, but from what Xurique is saying, the drop rate is lowered by a lot and it could get things harder for high lvl players and could force them into making second character for some of above purposes.
Wolfgyuardian
Tester

March 04, 2017, 08:33:34 AM

Why would you even get lvl 50? its better to hunt for rares at lvl 35-40

50 has litterly no point since the stats you get mean alot less also...

Its even worse, lvl 50 is rather a curse then a bonus
Xurique
Tester

March 04, 2017, 08:56:27 PM

Wolfgyuardian wrote:Why would you even get lvl 50? its better to hunt for rares at lvl 35-40

50 has litterly no point since the stats you get mean alot less also...

Its even worse, lvl 50 is rather a curse then a bonus

well u do lvl up while hunting for gear :p unfortunatly....

im against this thing it shud be edited or sumthing