Phobos Unsolved Secrets and Mysteries

A forum for showing off your Phobos screenshots and videos.
Leaking content from this board is strictly prohibited
J-Rolla
Tester

October 06, 2016, 04:48:36 AM

This thread is for everyone to join in and solve some of the great mysteries of Phobos. So let's start right off.
There are Tons of secrets here in korlayra so heres a few intresting ones.
Ravenscar Fortress.jpg
Ravenscar Fortress.jpg (158.32 KiB) Viewed 899 times
The green electric stairs very mysterious
electric doors.jpg
electric doors.jpg (37.51 KiB) Viewed 899 times
There are lots of doors like this, all equally unopenable...
Mysterious stairs to the west.jpg
Stairs west of brass legs quest
Mysterious stairs to the west.jpg (45.89 KiB) Viewed 899 times
These stairs are right by the dead body that contains the letter reading this
Endrelle Thullhammer's last words.jpg
Journal talking about mysterious room to the west
Endrelle Thullhammer's last words.jpg (48.34 KiB) Viewed 899 times
quiet cabin in the woods.jpg
quiet cabin in the woods.jpg (164.44 KiB) Viewed 897 times
If you wandered across this quiet house, did you find anything? I have only found it peaceful. I tossed a few items in to take this pic :D Its quiet but too quiet?
small stones you cannot cross with what look like flies around it.jpg
odd place i guess or perhaps not
small stones you cannot cross with what look like flies around it.jpg (83.06 KiB) Viewed 899 times
Spider Hell.jpg
Spider Hell.jpg (73.49 KiB) Viewed 899 times
Shrachlor's Lair if you've been here you probably know it as spider hell and if you've survived to see the impassible spiderweb at the end its quite the mystery. :D

This is just the beginning, there are many more mysteries that you all have pictures of and theories of so please feel free to post your questions and your pictures and we'll enjoy phobos together.
J-Rolla
Tester

October 06, 2016, 05:27:23 AM

Always check under the pillow.jpg
Always check under the pillow.jpg (98.49 KiB) Viewed 895 times
why so confused.jpg
why so confused.jpg (79.88 KiB) Viewed 895 times
I hear dwarfs like beer, indeed a good ale so im on my way to find out more. :king: perhaps I can get him to talk after we have a couple of pints
Attachments
Miles Sumhammer.jpg
Poor Sob
Miles Sumhammer.jpg (106.43 KiB) Viewed 887 times
Chaosweaver
Tester

October 06, 2016, 05:31:38 PM

There are a lot of mysteries in-game. I assume most of them are dead ends for now, as I do not think they have had the time to program it all into the game yet. I'm certain the secret words for Jerdrus Deicalus' house is solvable as it has been working in the past and I've made a new discovery about Jerdrus, but still haven't discovered the words. The problem with all these mysteries is that we have no idea what is working and what is not, so maybe we're spending time trying to solve something that hasn't been added yet.

Trordrin's key is working.

Ravenscar Fortress is most likely awaiting a map update(with a lich that is known to be in there). The same magical barrier was on the stairs to Longford Castle before the map was expanded to include it.

The electrical doors are very peculiar indeed. An interesting thing is that an electrical door was added in the last map update (where the orc beastmaster is). I've no idea how to open them (regular keys do not work). Some of the doors seem to be leading to interesting places.

The crypt is my favorite location in game. The diary alludes to the reanimation of the skeletons in the room (there is a skeleton in each corner) and I've spent a long time waiting for something to happen. Also you can't place items on the four altars in the room.

The cabin is Marias Peraphil's (not added in to the game yet as far as I know). Read some books. :)

I recall being able to go down that hole before it got closed. The map was unfinished.

Shrachlor's lair also has a sacrificial altar which you can't place items on.

Other mysteries:
  • Nysandra's Key.
  • The house of Jerdrus Deicalus.
  • Broken spellcaster's wand.
  • Rhoburn orc fortress trapdoor (Orc Savage).
  • Wellwatch chapel and its rusty iron key.
  • Access to Sablestone mine.
  • Disappearance of Fundy Whitemoon. Take a look at his house in Mirai there is a secret room behind his bookcase.
  • Longford castle treasury and a hallway behind a locked door.
  • A locked door in the outlaw fortress north of Empo Sar.
  • Find a treasure for Jonathan.
Chaosweaver
Tester

October 06, 2016, 05:42:00 PM

Maybe we'll run into him some day.

J-Rolla
Tester

October 06, 2016, 09:37:30 PM

Nice addition of mysteries a lot of which ive spent a fair amount of time on. Your probably right a lot of them need another content update but nevertheless its good to get them arranged into a manageable list. :newsletter:

You reminded me of the broken spellcasters wand and gem. Im guessing were waiting on an update to fix it. But I do have both parts. The gem is found where the surface Hill Giant is, on the rock for anyone who has yet to get it.
Broken wand and Gem.jpg
Broken wand and Gem.jpg (30.24 KiB) Viewed 877 times
And the secret room in mirai, indeed a mystery. Ive read the books in the house and tried to get in\move that bookshelf ofc without success yet.

That sign in front of his house wants you to go away so bad! xD But why :moustache:
Attachments
Secret room behind bookshelf.jpg
Mirai mystery
Secret room behind bookshelf.jpg (143.71 KiB) Viewed 876 times
omfg
Tester
Character: Woodrow

October 09, 2016, 10:35:55 AM

That key from trordrin's bed is used in a nearby door, if you need more info pm me ingame

Most of those mysteries seem unfinished/closed areas.

I've been trying to obtain that single handed gun from a quest, anyone knows about it?

Also about the outlaw npcs in the aylestone mines, anyone has found out something?
Chaosweaver
Tester

October 09, 2016, 01:05:13 PM

omfg wrote:That key from trordrin's bed is used in a nearby door, if you need more info pm me ingame

I've been trying to obtain that single handed gun from a quest, anyone knows about it?

Also about the outlaw npcs in the aylestone mines, anyone has found out something?
The geomancer blunderbuss used to be a reward in the hidden outlaw clanhall. It was removed and the door is locked now so you can't get in anyways. I've searched for the key in the mines, but haven't found it.
J-Rolla
Tester

October 13, 2016, 05:20:00 PM

I posted a couple videos to Youtube to help ppl find Sal Cotton and Helina Floretty. There's also one that shows the Xbow Quest. I didnt put music or effects, there very basic uncut, but there informative.
Dima
Tester
Character: Skyrr

January 13, 2017, 10:20:54 PM

dude, where did you met this dwarf, thordrin? i need to know it? have they added a dwarven city or what?
Chaosweaver
Tester

January 14, 2017, 12:11:37 AM

Dima wrote:dude, where did you met this dwarf, thordrin? i need to know it? have they added a dwarven city or what?
He's in the western part of Timar valley. No dwarven city yet.
Iderik
Tester

January 18, 2017, 05:22:09 PM

Chaosweaver wrote:
omfg wrote:That key from trordrin's bed is used in a nearby door, if you need more info pm me ingame

The geomancer blunderbuss used to be a reward in the hidden outlaw clanhall. It was removed and the door is locked now so you can't get in anyways. I've searched for the key in the mines, but haven't found it.
The geomancer blunderbuss was found by Tildes in a chest which could only be opened once. I tried to open it right after him, but it was not possible :( According to Rob it is not a bug. So Tildes is the only one with that weapon.
I havnt been there since, but it looks like the chest might be there again since they added a door there now, probably unlockable with a key.

Here is a screenshot of it:
Chaosweaver wrote:Shrachlor's lair also has a sacrificial altar which you can't place items on.
Oh? I had an idea of the perfect item to place on that altar, but couldnt try it because we're too low level. And now I forgot which item it was. Maybe it only works with the correct item?

Long time no see, Chaosweaver :D
Chaosweaver
Tester

January 18, 2017, 05:59:13 PM

I have the blunderbuss too so it wasn't a one time reward, it just got removed from the reward chest after an update.

Did you loot the enchanted staff from a giant? Never seen that before! :shock:
Iderik
Tester

January 19, 2017, 05:07:01 PM

Chaosweaver wrote:I have the blunderbuss too so it wasn't a one time reward, it just got removed from the reward chest after an update.

Did you loot the enchanted staff from a giant? Never seen that before! :shock:
Weird, I tried to open the chest a few seconds after Tildes, but nothing happened. So we messaged Rob and he told us that it was a one time reward. Maybe he changed it before you went there and then after added a door.
I saw a similar screenshot of that chest, where someone said the chest was empty.

I dont think that staff was from a giant, not sure where it is from. Is it rare or just because you though it was from a giant?
Dah seter
Tester
Character: Tides

January 19, 2017, 05:26:43 PM

The chest allowed people to loot the blunderbluss on top on the original rewards had they open the chest the previous patch, hence Tides was given the blunderbluss and you recieved nothing as the quest had recently been patched - i dont know how the quest works at this moment, anyone tried it recently?
Chaosweaver
Tester

January 19, 2017, 05:58:21 PM

The doors into the clanhall are locked now and none of my keys fit. Tried looking around in the mines for a key long time ago, but wasn't able to find anything.
Iderik wrote:I dont think that staff was from a giant, not sure where it is from. Is it rare or just because you though it was from a giant?
I've never seen it before.